• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Reloading weapons without removable magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flare

Vanguard Backer
We all know that when you reload a weapon, you drop the used magazine whether it is empty or not.

However, what will happen with weapons like the K98 or Lee Enfield? Say, I fire 3 rounds from a Lee Enfield. I couldn't lose all those 7 bullets l left, there's nowhere for them to go. Will the animations show this correctly, where I reload three rounds individually? Perhaps I'll lose an extra bullet from me opening the bolt (ejecting the round in the chamber - does the Enfield work like that even though it's cock on forward?) and I'll have to reload four shots.

I assume if I fire seven rounds I'd load a five round clip and then a couple more single rounds.

Is this how traction wars will handle reloading on these weapons? I'd hate to see an animation loading two five round clips when I've only fired a few rounds. Even if it still had the right amount of bullets I'd be frustrated seeing the animation put the wrong about of shots in.

Flare

Aniallator

I can't "officially" confirm this, but I guarantee that what you mentioned will be implemented. In other games, when you fire a few rounds from a bolt-action rifle but reload a whole clip, it's usually due to engine limitations... not an issue TW will have thanks to the latest and greatest CryEngine 5 :D So consider that a "yes". If for whatever reason this were not implemented in Overlord, I'm sure it's because more crucial features took center stage on the list of things to implement and it simply had to be pushed back for to chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.