• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Resistance and Liberation is being remade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

So many of you come from RnL community base, or have heard for it.
It's been pretty dead for past couple of years and now its being remade on Unreal 4.

This could be new competitor for Traction Wars, and I am really concerned that clans will rather be on RnL instead of TW because most of the clans that wanted to transfer to TW are now getting RnL on Unreal 4.
RnL was gold for time being, but its time has come to an end and we have to move on.

I really hoped RnL devs would come over to TW since there is no point remaking dead game. While they could help to develop fresh and new game.

Judge it yourself :/

Link to RnL: Resistance and Liberation Windows game - Mod DB

Last edited:

Aniallator

Well, I guess the want for WW2 FPS is paying off! TW, FE, and some others, and now R&L!

For me, R&L was a one-timer, and I don't see why they even want to remake R&L when TW and FE will be releasing by 2017. It'll just be drowned out.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
What factions/fronts are they focussing? Seems US vs Germany? That would be nice as we currently do British vs Germans [emoji14]

Esu21

Im with Simon,they should join TW or FE dev teams rather than working in another ww2 game from 0. I dont want the ww2 games community divided between 3 or more different games. I hope they think about this and join TW so that we can have it earlier xD

Miller786

Looks like you're worrying too much in advance, i doubt we'll see the new RnL out by 2017, anyways i just saw a server named "RnL 1.7 test server" on gametracker, maybe that means something? :p

FlyingR

It would suck to have various realistic WWII games at the same time... From what I see, TW has bloody incredible support from everywhere (youtubers, community, etc) so that is good. As well, from videos of FE and R&L, TW's level of detail and realism is unmatched. Once the launch date gets near, I'm sure the TW community will start spreading the word in a flash.

drummer93

RnL is an excellent game. When I played it I had a very intense exprerience. The game have a lot of interesting characteristics that I didn't see before. Is sad that not a lot of people still playing it

Aniallator

RnL is an excellent game. When I played it I had a very intense exprerience. The game have a lot of interesting characteristics that I didn't see before. Is sad that not a lot of people still playing it

But do you think remaking it is a good idea?

AfterDune

If the goals / ideas of all teams (team leads anyway) are different, they will never join each other and work on one game.

Next to that, TW is CryEngine, FE and RnL are UE4.

And RnL has been in development for some time now, I believe. Since 2014 or so?

Simon

If the goals / ideas of all teams (team leads anyway) are different, they will never join each other and work on one game.

Next to that, TW is CryEngine, FE and RnL are UE4.

And RnL has been in development for some time now, I believe. Since 2014 or so?

No, they re-opened few months ago. 2014 was originally on CryEngine.

Aniallator

Well, the new R&L team composes of five people, plus they've changed from CRYENGINE to Unreal 4. It's been in development for a few months now, so I'd guess that they don't have a lot of content, and seeing as TW will release in 2017 (I imagine FE has a similar release timeframe), R&L won't get a lot of attention. Who knows how long it'll be before they even have enough proper content for the game to be playable, and let's face it, TW is going to be better. Now imagine if those five developers were to, say, join the TW team?

drummer93

Well, the new R&L team composes of five people, plus they've changed from CRYENGINE to Unreal 4. It's been in development for a few months now, so I'd guess that they don't have a lot of content, and seeing as TW will release in 2017 (I imagine FE has a similar release timeframe), R&L won't get a lot of attention. Who knows how long it'll be before they even have enough proper content for the game to be playable, and let's face it, TW is going to be better. Now imagine if those five developers were to, say, join the TW team?

mmm I don't know, maybe it will be different, not better. Of course I prefer that TW team grow up with more developers, but these people are making a free game only for fun. They have their own project and it's very good

mmiedzianyy

mmm I don't know, maybe it will be different, not better. Of course I prefer that TW team grow up with more developers, but these people are making a free game only for fun. They have their own project and it's very good
Free game? Only for fun? There is something similar with a game that i saw recently.. there were some kind of General and said it will be developed in 2 years from now.. how was it, Tra.. tra.. Traction something something.. But belive me, it will be awesome!

drummer93

Free game? Only for fun? There is something similar with a game that i saw recently.. there were some kind of General and said it will be developed in 2 years from now.. how was it, Tra.. tra.. Traction something something.. But belive me, it will be awesome!

yes I know mmied, don't misunderstand me. I mean that the guys of RnL are making their project for the same purpose as TW team, fun. And not have to be a "competition", we could enjoy both games

mmiedzianyy

yes I know mmied, don't misunderstand me. I mean that the guys of RnL are making their project for the same purpose as TW team, fun. And not have to be a "competition", we could enjoy both games
Yes. And we will enjoy them drummer!
All what's left is to wish them best and hope to see the final work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.