• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Roles and sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Well, as bummed as I am that I'll have to wait to unleash the fury of my Granatwerfer on the Englishmen, I fully understand why you guys have chosen to delay the implementation of the medic and mortarman roles, and I trust they'll make an appearance in a later chapter. Thank you Naga for explaining, it means a lot :) Damn, it's thrilling knowing that TW is closing in on release! It actually feels like it's almost too good to be true. I guess we'll just have to supplement Maniche with cookies until then.

@General Naga you didn't mention rifle grenades, so those are still (as of now) intended for Overlord, yes? Or a later chapter?

The thing is, for me at least, I was just a surprise hearing that there will be no medics, mostly since there has been a lot of talk and discussions about them. I would love being a medic too, especially since most people don't like to play them, so it's good to fulfill roles that nobody likes to play.

It's always funny for me hearing this, because while a lot of people say it I personally love playing as a medic in PR - it's by far the class I play the most - and it seems like there's always at least one and often two medics per squad. I think some players just really like a role that allows them to directly support their buddies.

Aniallator

In the fourth CQ update, it was stated that all players will carry bandages. In the absence of medics in Overlord, will bandages and bleeding still make the release or not?

Aniallator

wait how many players in a game?
what about ammo is there a ammo class

Chapter One: Overlord will feature 32 player maps. However, as the game progresses post-release, the devs hope to increase the player count beyond to 64, then 128 players :) As for your second question, I assume you're referring to something like an ammunition bearer role? During WW2, riflemen in a squad carried ammunition for the squad's LMG. There won't be a dedicated ammunition bearer role in TW, but British riflemen will carry several Bren magazines, and German riflemen will carry a 7.92 mm 50-round belt for MG 34s and MG 42s.

Chapter One: Overlord will feature 32 player maps. However, as the game progresses post-release, the devs hope to increase the player count beyond to 64, then 128 players :) As for your second question, I assume you're referring to something like an ammunition bearer role? During WW2, riflemen in a squad carried ammunition for the squad's LMG. There won't be a dedicated ammunition bearer role in TW, but British riflemen will carry several Bren magazines, and German riflemen will carry a 7.92 mm 50-round belt for MG 34s and MG 42s.

I was getting the picture it would be lower then 32 players for some reason... 128 player now that sounds interesting.
but yes i wondered about a dedicated ammunition bearer role. but you have answered the question thx

Aniallator

I was getting the picture it would be lower then 32 players for some reason... 128 player now that sounds interesting.
but yes i wondered about a dedicated ammunition bearer role. but you have answered the question thx

No problemo :) And just to clarify, by 32 players I mean 32 players total, not 32 players on each team.

yes i know, i was thinking like 24players total but hey 32 players sweeeet and can grow to a highier value if the devs will it... that is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.