• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

I'm all for discussion here, even when I don't agree with a particular point. But, conversations that degenerate into nothing more than name calling will be be deleted from this thread. I don't think that should be an issue here.

theantipop

Seems to be all blowing up very quickly. There's some rumblings in Australia; we already have Special Forces in Iraq/Syria working with British SAS and USA Delta/Seal Team 6 - they could be diverted quickly if things go south.

Pvt_Larry

Wondering when the US actually reacts, when T-90s are rolling into Kiev, or Warsaw, or perhaps we wait until Prague, or Berlin? If Paris is under threat I'm sure we'll have some sanctions ready at least. Wonder what happens when they try to cross the English Channel? Or the Atlantic?

In any case it's a scary situation in Ukraine right now, it's probably the worst NATO-Russia situation in Europe since the invasion of Czechoslovakia. It's a strikingly similar situation too, what Putin is really pushing is the Brezhnev Doctrine on steroids. Hopefully things settle peaceably, though it seems that the Russians are determined to carve out a vassal state from East Ukraine.

VonMudra

I think we would be required to act if they entered Poland/Baltic states, what with that whole NATO thing. Of course, that's not Russia's plan. The Russians view Ukraine as their sovereign right, a sphere of influence which they have held since the breakup of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Seeing Ukraine act independently and, god forbid, actually make their own foreign policy decisions, is seen as an affront to the grandeur that is Russia. So the whole point in this exercise has been to chastise Ukraine and grab what they can from it before it disappears from their grasp completely. The USA won't go to war over it, and we shouldn't. WW3 should not be begun because we want to limit some Russian dreams of a renewed sphere of influence in Europe. If they touch NATO, then yeah, we're treaty bound to assist, but they won't. They're just trying to regain some of the prestige they once had, to overcome the national embarrassment that was the breakup of the USSR and the stagnation/depression of the 1990s.

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
this must be what putin is thinking... [video=youtube;fzLtF_PxbYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw[/video]

Kevino...........

Thats classic Sfeld. 20 yrs later still laugh at same lines over n over. Its like The Honeymooners xD

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.