• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Server and Friend System

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

I'm sure you many of you are aware of PR:SPY or FH2 server trackers that display the servers info.

Well I would like to suggest something similar (or the same) for TW to do that would be integrated to the official TW website post-launch.

Additionally it would be great to have a system but for players. For example in BF1942 you could "Add Buddy" and he would appear green on the scoreboard and minimap.

To extend on this, it would be great that there would be a "TWSPY" for friends, where you add a friend on the server or on the forums and they would appear colored on the minimap in the game. As well, a page would be displayed so you could see your friends' list, see which server they are in, which squad they are in, and so on.

This would improve the social aspect of the game as well as stalking your friends :)

Aniallator

If there's Steam integration there are also a number of ways that could benefit players, like being able to see someone's Steam and friend them by clicking on their name on the scoreboard.

FlyingR

Excellent idea [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION]! The idea behind all of this is to obviously integrate the players. Make it easier to, find, communicate and play together as a squad/team and have fun at the same time.

Maybe even suggest friends of friends and all of those social media-esque things. As always, I understand that this would happen later on (if you guys even would want and have the resources to implement it). I do hope you guys get to do it as it would make it easier for the community and even improve the experience of the players as well as increase the bar even more on FPS gaming standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.