• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

I was wondering how would the servers be run?
Will the servers be open to public 24/7? Or they will only be started on game nights? Will we be able to practice on it online or only by ourselves offline?

It would be cool to have the servers on, but a certain day or period of time would be dedicated for the German side to practice, recon and do strategies, and one for the British side. This would be a day or 2 before the actual battle. If the server would be on 24/7, then the remaining days could have a map like a shooting range or a bootcamp type of map so that we can all join, practice, have fun and get used to the commands.

SpaceCroissant

In the full release I don't think having "scheduled battles" makes sense; people want to drop in and play whenever they want, not wait until an allotted time. Therefore I can say with near-certainty that servers will be open 24/7.

For beta testing I can see us organising specific days/times for play testing so that we can get as many people as possible playing at once, and collate feedback more easily.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
There will be official servers up 24/7 at release to make sure there's always a game available :)

I hope there will also be rented hosting available as well as a server package available to download and self-host for those who happened to have a decent internet connection and a spare server lying around ;)

FlyingR

Thank you for the clarification! Although I was hoping that it would be like Forgotten Honor FH1, where they have battles every weekend, there's a big build up and the servers are full. But seeing as this is a large community and would only play TW, it makes sense to have 24/7. :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
[MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION] - what you are talking about are tournaments rather than everyday casual gaming. Players can play 24/7/365 like any multiplayer game but there's no reason why there can't be campaigns/tournaments for regiments or as an open signup. It would just need enough interest and organisation :)

FlyingR

Well, I thought that because there were gonna be chapters, it would be like Forgotten Honor campaigns. There are quite a few Regiments signed up already so this could work! I would love to have tournaments/campaigns, for me at least it creates a great atmosphere and enhances more the feeling of simulating the battles! :p Hurry up, I want to play this so bad!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.