• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

simulation ?

did

hello,
is it a simulation game ? i hope there is a system of order (in the squad) !
(could you answer simply, i'm french......thanks)

yrumad11

Vanguard Backer
It is trying to be as real as possible (realism). The bullet damage system may not be advanced currently. Bullets will travel through objects and have animations for hitting the ground. Magazines will hold same amount of bullets if reloaded early. There is one squad leader who can call for reinforcements. There is a limit to number of reinforcements. Classes are optional for the players.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Hi @did, welcome to the forum. Vanguard is not a simulation game. Instead the game aims for historically accurate locations, equipment and scenarios, and aims to make the combat intense, accessible and fun. Squad leaders will have minimal extra features at launch but aimed to be expanded through early access. Hope this helps!

did

yes ! Now, i'm waiting "access" on steam. i hope it will be before christmas.........?

Miller786

Hi @did, welcome to the forum. Vanguard is not a simulation game. Instead the game aims for historically accurate locations, equipment and scenarios, and aims to make the combat intense, accessible and fun. Squad leaders will have minimal extra features at launch but aimed to be expanded through early access. Hope this helps!
If you aim for historical accurate equipment you should be aware that british paratroopers on dday typically carried Sten MkVs as their submachineguns, not Mk2s nor thompsons. The thompson was a popular weapon among commandos instead but they used the earlier 1928 models, not the newer M1A1s for the most part.
That said im looking forward to the release.

Lt Jake Cutter

Vanguard Dedicated Backer
almost any weapon up to june 1944 could be considered correct....

paratroopers often lost their weapons and gear apon departing the aircraft and had to take weapons off dead germans or fellow allies...or go without till they found something, anything....

even soviet SVT 40 rifles would technically be correct as alot of germans loved this rifle and often used it....although ammo resupply was difficult...unless they were on the western front..