• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

so.....i started playing RO2 again

Status
Not open for further replies.

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
i started playing RO2 again

and i wanted to see, if there was any difference, being gone so long, they must have done something to change the game in some way right?

well yes, they actually removed the eagle vision, which made the game slightly more bearable

however my biggest concern with the game itself, was the gameplay

it seems that, it was really infuriating on how the game was

now, it seemed that everyone would camp, like literally

and how people defended the a building, they would just camp inside the building, and wait for the enemy to come in the door, instead of going into the windows, and stop the enemy from coming in the building in the first place

because apparently, taking cover by the window, is aparently a death trap

the game, promotes too much camping, in order to get kills, you need to camp, specifically, in an area where you cant be flanked

i make comparisons to RO2, because i dont want this game to make the same mistakes that RO2 did

now, my question to the devs is, how do you stray away from this?

volcol

I enjoyed RO2, but it didn't quite top RO1 for me. Whilst some of it's features were great, it lost it roots somewhere along the way in my opinion - it's still superb ... and still dominates the popular multiplayer fps genre (again in my opinion ... as is - its still a damn sight better than CoD/BF - hence RS getting multiplayer of the year from PC gamer) We'll be careful to learn from the approach RO2 has taken. Whilst RO2 has very little influence on our goals, we will take care to avoid the punishment they received for introducing certain features some of the more hardcore RO/realism fans really took a disliking to.

Last edited:

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
I enjoyed RO2, but it didn't quite top RO1 for me. Whilst some of it's features were great, it lost it roots somewhere along the way in my opinion - it's still superb ... and still dominates the popular multiplayer fps genre (again in my opinion ... as is - its still a damn sight better than CoD/BF - hence RS getting multiplayer of the year from PC gamer) We'll be careful to learn from the approach RO2 has taken. Whilst RO2 has very little influence on our goals, we will take care to avoid the punishment they received for introducing certain features some of the more hardcore RO/realism fans really took a disliking to.

reason why i use RO2 alot in my references, is because it really did a superb job on giving a feel of war, it forces people to be supressed when they get shot at, so people play it as if they do in real life

however like i said, gameplay, it just forces people to camp :/

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Sounds like someone forgot what grenades are for... There's a reason they give them to almost every class... :rolleyes:

However I agree that there's something off with RO2's gameplay... Maybe it's the cramped feeling of the maps, or lack of tactical decisions (as most maps are push based).... It's like the scale is off, as most maps feel like a big skirmish, rather than a battle...

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
Sounds like someone forgot what grenades are for... There's a reason they give them to almost every class... :rolleyes:

However I agree that there's something off with RO2's gameplay... Maybe it's the cramped feeling of the maps, or lack of tactical decisions (as most maps are push based).... It's like the scale is off, as most maps feel like a big skirmish, rather than a battle...

i know bout the grenades, but i dont want to blindly throw them into a room without knowing if the enemy is in there

so, i would probably sneak a peek, but as RO2 has people who can steadily aim a gun with flinching for an eternity

Koenigstiger

It doesn't matter, if you believe an enemy is in that house then you nade it and move into clear it, In my experience camping isn't that big on the severs I play. my major concern is twits on my team who hover over cap zones and don't give a **** about target acquisition and fire at both friend and foe, nothing wrong with supporting assault but just recognize your enemy!.

Russians have a more potato sack Brown while Germans have Feldgrau (depending on map/mod)

Any seasoned RO2 player while use a cover, fire and move tactic I've mostly seen not sure about supression use but I know I love it.

Maybe I've just got the good servers in my favorites :p

ALSO BTW ON THE TEST SERVER THEY'VE ADDED......TROOP TRANSPORTS!!! :D

I wish the maps were bigger and more detailed imho some of them (head to tail) are but they're more contained from side to side.

It'd be great get major battles going and assign troops to attack objectives or blow up caches.

Koenigstiger

Despite it's flaws however I can safetly say It's the most immersive game for me aside from the Mass effect series, and I've been playing RO2 for years now and I will get back in asap.

Nothing beats the feeling of getting a good team that communicates and watches their buddies backs, I love covering and protecting squadmates and I love working with them to kill the enemy.

Sometimes I have to go TL though :( sitting on the radio is no fun but atleast my arty strikes fall true!

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
It doesn't matter, if you believe an enemy is in that house then you nade it and move into clear it, In my experience camping isn't that big on the severs I play. my major concern is twits on my team who hover over cap zones and don't give a **** about target acquisition and fire at both friend and foe, nothing wrong with supporting assault but just recognize your enemy!.

Russians have a more potato sack Brown while Germans have Feldgrau (depending on map/mod)

Any seasoned RO2 player while use a cover, fire and move tactic I've mostly seen not sure about supression use but I know I love it.

Maybe I've just got the good servers in my favorites :p

ALSO BTW ON THE TEST SERVER THEY'VE ADDED......TROOP TRANSPORTS!!! :D

I wish the maps were bigger and more detailed imho some of them (head to tail) are but they're more contained from side to side.

It'd be great get major battles going and assign troops to attack objectives or blow up caches.

so if i throw a grenade and turns out my team mates are inside, it doesnt matter

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
Despite it's flaws however I can safetly say It's the most immersive game for me aside from the Mass effect series, and I've been playing RO2 for years now and I will get back in asap.

Nothing beats the feeling of getting a good team that communicates and watches their buddies backs, I love covering and protecting squadmates and I love working with them to kill the enemy.

Sometimes I have to go TL though :( sitting on the radio is no fun but atleast my arty strikes fall true!

with the way RO2 is, i couldn't stomach it, not much of skill, its more of, who spots who first

Koenigstiger

There's plenty of skill involved, someone running out in the open spazzing out full automatic fire at the first target he see's he will be dead in no time.

But that's just my experience in RO2, its not going to be the same with everyone.

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
There's plenty of skill involved, someone running out in the open spazzing out full automatic fire at the first target he see's he will be dead in no time.

But that's just my experience in RO2, its not going to be the same with everyone.

no matter how skilled you are, or play it safe

you get killed by both your team mates and the enemy

you can't effectively clear out a room, because if you get in peek, theres that guy thats been holding his gun up for GOD knows how long, without getting tired and is ready to shoot the next guy that walks in

if you throw a grenade, you could end up killing your team mates, if you dont know whats in the room

using the windows is a death trap, instead of people going by the windows and stopping the enemy from entering your building, with the way the game is, your better off waiting by the door

machine guns are only good for hallways or alleys

the only thing that TWI got right was the feel of battle, as for gameplay....meh

Koenigstiger

If they remove persistent clipping I'll be happy.

>Tank hits indestructible fence

Oh no problem

And then reverse and continue clipping into the same position every 5 damn seconds.

volcol

I enjoy RO2 but don't play as much anymore. Kept my KD over 3.0 so I'm happy ( played maybe 1100 sorties)

Koenigstiger

I was playing Nips and I got about 10 kills in this 1 foxhole alone

Some Gaijin tried to flank me and got into it but he learnt his lesson when I hit him upside the head with my Nambu pistol, lol

I think my stats are broken last time I checked I think my games were over 300,000 and that my favorite faction was Allies (which It's not)

Status
Not open for further replies.