• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

So this happened while playing new WW2 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

PR:WW2's Omaha Beach is the best imitation I've ever seen in a game, besides for some other ArmA2 mod I can't remember now.

I've done my research on Omaha and I've actually been there in person, no other game/mod can currently compare.

I too was impressed with PR:WW2's iteration of Omaha, but as [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] pointed out FH2 has done the best in terms of historically accurate maps.

Skr13

Have been playing the DoI mod, and I must say that I'm in the mood of WW2 shooters again, the mod is far from perfect, still like alpha stage, but it's free and supported by Insurgency Devs, besides community workshop contributions.
The main problem still the engine(Source), many textures and physics are outdated, but overall gameplay, sounds, are good, and there's alot to be added from new maps(hope for Normandy countryside) to new weapons, and maybe new factions.
I recommend it to anyone who likes to play semi-realistic WW2 shooter, which apart from RO2 and PR2, there are not much more alternatives ;)

JarryHead

Then you obviously have never played Forgotten Hope 2.

Ah, I've played Forgotten Hope 2 a bit, but quite long ago. I don't recall ever playing the Omaha Beach map, weird. Looked at it now. Their map and PR:WW2's map look very similar glancing at it. Both are based around the Vierville draw. The playing area of the PR map looks a bit larger though.

I remember playing the Pointe du Hoc map in FH2. It's pretty darn epic and very well made. Being too used to PR however, FH2 is much to arcadey for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.