• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

So this happened while playing new WW2 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

So I was playing this new WW2 mod for Insurgency when this happened:
Yes they are all legit, checked their profiles and they match.

ComradeDave: MrComradeDave - YouTube
PsiSyndicate (Lewis, aka LewLew): PsiSyndicate - YouTube

The Shermanator: The Shermanator - YouTube

SQPD

I think TheDevilDogGamer was on at one point and also the devs. And apparently Santa was in your match.

FlyingR

Nice!! Can I have your autograph?! :D

How good is this game though? Compared to FH2, PRWWII, etc. etc.

Simon

Nice!! Can I have your autograph?! :D

How good is this game though? Compared to FH2, PRWWII, etc. etc.

It's really good, kinda addicted to it. K98 models are kinda poor tho, but doesn't matter since almost all weapons are new and 10/10.

and here you go if you asking for it :p

FlyingR

It's really good, kinda addicted to it. K98 models are kinda poor tho, but doesn't matter since almost all weapons are new and 10/10.

and here you go if you asking for it :p

Hahahahaha :D

What about the gameplay? Is there a lot of teamplay?

Aniallator

Yeah, Insurgency is casual yet realistic (suppression, sway, no crosshair, et cetera), and as @Simon said the maps are pretty CQB focused so you end up with a lot of unplanned teamplay. Not on the scale of PR, though, which is fine considering it's intended as a casual realism FPS.

Miller786

Not really related to anything but shouldnt all these normandy themed mods like pr ww2 and day of infamy have M1A1 thompsons instead of 1928 ones? it really does bother me

VonMudra

Yep. 1928 mostly saw service in the desert campaign with the british- after that it gets very rare. Again, those games are not well researched.

AfterDune

Didn't have the manpower. And still don't really. So obviously this would be something way down the priority list :p.

Mars

Pathfinder Games
Didn't have the manpower. And still don't really. So obviously this would be something way down the priority list :p.

You guys have done a great job, you should be proud of yourselves.

Two WWII realism mods released within a couple of weeks of each other, what's going on?!

Miller786

Also from what i've seen from screenshots that DoI dog green map looks painfully unrealistic, @VonMudra, which game/mod (currently out) features the most historically accurate omaha beach/other normandy landings map?

VonMudra

About the only game I know of that has ever done a realistic Omaha Beach is Forgotten Hope 2. Beyond that, FH1 had a very well done Gold Beach, but their Omaha was the same as many others- straight out of Saving Private Ryan.

Aniallator

About the only game I know of that has ever done a realistic Omaha Beach is Forgotten Hope 2. Beyond that, FH1 had a very well done Gold Beach, but their Omaha was the same as many others- straight out of Saving Private Ryan.

How are the PR:WW2 maps? Played Merville a few times, feels pretty different from what we've seen in the Merville Battery showcase.

JarryHead

PR:WW2's Omaha Beach is the best imitation I've ever seen in a game, besides for some other ArmA2 mod I can't remember now.

I've done my research on Omaha and I've actually been there in person, no other game/mod can currently compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.