• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

So.. where are we?

Jiggly Smalls

(In all seriousness though there is lots being done just not to be shown. Yet.)

When I initially stumbled upon this game it captivated me to the point that 5 years to this day I still patiently check the site every week or so hoping for a new progress update. Unfortunately I get increasingly disheartened upon each new visit, in fact so disheartened that I registered on the forum after all this time just to get this off my chest. It's been almost 5 months without so much as a modicum of information regarding the current state of the game. I'm not implying that the team has not been working to accomplish their goals, but if there is "lots being done", then why not throw some crumbs at us to keep the flame alive? The reality is that many (including myself) probably assume the worst when faced with a total lack of any solid information regarding development progress, especially when the silence has been ongoing for almost half a year. That being said I still think this game has huge potential, and I'm looking forward to the day where I can hopefully get my hands on it. In the meantime, it would be nice if the community could be clued in more as to what is really going on instead of relying on unspecific information like the reply that I am responding to. At least Traction Wars is a free game though, so if worst comes to worst the only thing I stand to lose is my interest, which at this point is hanging on by a thread. :(

Mid-Lifer

Post Scriptum is close to release. But it doesn't look as beautiful as what I've seen of TW. But it's better than nothing, and I will jump that wagon.

When I initially stumbled upon this game it captivated me to the point that 5 years to this day I still patiently check the site every week or so hoping for a new progress update. Unfortunately I get increasingly disheartened upon each new visit, in fact so disheartened that I registered on the forum after all this time just to get this off my chest. It's been almost 5 months without so much as a modicum of information regarding the current state of the game. I'm not implying that the team has not been working to accomplish their goals, but if there is "lots being done", then why not throw some crumbs at us to keep the flame alive? The reality is that many (including myself) probably assume the worst when faced with a total lack of any solid information regarding development progress, especially when the silence has been ongoing for almost half a year. That being said I still think this game has huge potential, and I'm looking forward to the day where I can hopefully get my hands on it. In the meantime, it would be nice if the community could be clued in more as to what is really going on instead of relying on unspecific information like the reply that I am responding to. At least Traction Wars is a free game though, so if worst comes to worst the only thing I stand to lose is my interest, which at this point is hanging on by a thread. :(

Well said. More tactful than my last few posts but we are both on the same page.

Jiggly Smalls

Thanks, it truly is a shame to be so pessimistic about a game that I have been looking forward to for such a long time, but at this point its hard to feel any other way. I know we shouldn't expect much since this is a free to play game, but at the very least the devs owe us some kind of explanation as to what is occurring behind the scenes. I doubt the developers even check the forum to begin with, aside from the occasional month late response that states something along the lines of "a lot of stuff is getting done behind the scenes that has yet to be shown". Like what does that even accomplish? Until i get solid information from devs (which could be months if not a year from now) im just going to assume that they lost interest and moved on to other projects or are focusing on work outside of game development. And if a dev reads this and would like to respond, please respond with something more than "In all seriousness though there is lots being done just not to be shown. Yet.".

Not an issue, Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose are both slated for release this year and well on their way to completion, both already with play-testing alphas. Both those games satisfy the itch that TW was supposed to, so I'll enjoy both of those this year, and if TW just happens to release sometime within this decade then I'll consider it a cherry on top.

This is a completely free game being developed by a small group of unpaid individuals doing development solely out of their free time, I check back here once every 6 months to see what's been added, then move along.

zoomon

Is there any possibility of a tech demo or something, it would keep all your fans interested. plus we could see and help you develop your game with suggestions

Jiggly Smalls

According to the devs it is apparently too much work for them to showcase anything pertaining to the game right now. I understand the notion of wanting to dedicate more time to simply developing the game, but nobody here wants a fancy press release. At this point in time all we want is SOMETHING, if its 2 screenshots or a 30 second video. I can't help but think that it is very odd that after a few years of nearly monthly updates there has been absolutely no word on the state of the game for 6 months now. The occasional "don't worry we are doing a lot behind the scenes" only can be said so many times before it ends up falling on deaf ears. That being said, I am not any less hopeful for the potential this game has, but it sure can be demoralizing. All it takes is a couple screenshots or a simple video clip to get the community buzzing again!

Zainab

While everyone here is replying, so why not I join it.*
I am just having doubts that game is in development for 10 years meaning that the work done this year would be useless if game is not completed within this year, as the world is this much advanced new gears, assets etc with more higher quality keeps on updating while it will again takes that much time to keep up with the updates.*
In other words, do the release while keep updating the new things so on and so forth.

That is all for now, btw Hello ! Long time no see :p !

Last edited:

Bob_Bobber0

Holy ****! I did a little bit of work on this mod with Naga back in '08-09. It popped into my head today and I stunned to see its still going haha. This has so much potential but not enough manpower I think. Good luck guys!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Holy ****! I did a little bit of work on this mod with Naga back in '08-09. It popped into my head today and I stunned to see its still going haha. This has so much potential but not enough manpower I think. Good luck guys!

Hello Bob! Always nice to see old faces. No longer a mod and literally everything has been changed since 2009 but very much alive :)

Jiggly Smalls

Lol I'm not even sure if i feel better or worse than I did when I was sure this game was entirely dead. I'm just hoping this will be something that resembles RO2 instead of games like Day Of Infamy and Insurgency. I probably shouldn't be getting my hopes up, but it would definitely be nice to have another 64 player medium paced WW2 game in the mix.