• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Soviet Weapons for Germany faction only (Reason is captured from eastern front)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest for the USSR weapons is available for Germany faction only. Due to in WW2 German soldiers like to captured weapons of the Soviet.

PPS-43 (Note: The image show the gun its stock is folded on top, hope released in the game is unfolded the stock)

This SMG is the favourite of the Germany captured from eastern front.

Roughbeak

The devs from TW are currently on the Overlord/Normandy chapter focusing on British vs Germans only.

Hopefully we/they will see many theaters involved in the future. ;)

4795q3

I can smell H&G here.

Amount of captured soviet weapons shown on Western front was very small (if any), so I'm not expecting them in german hands in this on-realism-focusing game.
But maybe I'm wrong

VonMudra

The only evidence of 'captured' soviet weapons on the Western Front is 9mm converted PPsH's that saw service in certain units during the battle of the bulge. Beyond that, even the Ostfront units were reequipped with Czech and French weapons simply for supply issues, it would have been far too much of a bother for the Germans to have to specifically supply hard to get Russian ammo to units all the way on the Western Front.

oxigebr

H & G the only game in which you play with the weapons of the eastern front with an American soldier '-'

Koenigstiger

H & G the only game in which you play with the weapons of the eastern front with an American soldier '-'

Really?

Sounds horrible, people keep asking me to play it and someone even went so far as to say it was realistic.

I did laugh at that one.

4795q3

Really?

Sounds horrible, people keep asking me to play it and someone even went so far as to say it was realistic.

I did laugh at that one.

'traded for foreign aid'
I hope they will remove them from americans after adding complete soviet faction. Because now, it's ridicolous.

oxigebr

yes!, I was playing today and had a guy with a ppsh-41 when I went to see was an American tank driver, American infantry carryng Soviet grenades! :laugh:

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
What I also don't understand about HnG is why they have Pershing tanks driving around in Normandy.

Because allied High command sent them there.
I like H&G because they aren't going for historical accouracy and was hoping a cool balanced and casual game, but lately it's turning to ****.
But at least I can look forward to this fun game, even if it's a bit on the hardcore side.

VonMudra

According to the folks over at Wehrmacht Awards, some of them have soldbuch entries with MP41(r)s being issued to members of the 1st SS and used in Battle of the Bulge. It's somewhat apocryphal.

Status
Not open for further replies.