• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Spawn Ques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

How bout traction wars implements a feature like in RO2 where the spawn timer doesn't start until someone dies. But instead it being the whole team, how about the squads. here is an example; Lets say we have 2 squads, squad A and B and each squad has 5 rifle men and its SL, one of the riflemen dies in squad A, when that soldier dies and he is the first one the spawn timer would start (30sec), but only in squad A not b cause no one died yet in squad B yet. Then another member of squad A dies 10 seconds later, that member would have the same amount of time as the current person waiting in the Que (so 20 seconds). i think this would simulate reinforcements and it could add a little of tactics in each squad. you like?

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Ah, so similar to spawn waves in FH2, but on a per squad basis... Interesting idea...

Koenigstiger

It'd be interesting sort of simulating reinforcements as needed rather than a constant cycle but 30s is a bit of a duration imo if its going to be that long the respawn should be much closer to the squad.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
It'd be interesting sort of simulating reinforcements as needed rather than a constant cycle but 30s is a bit of a duration imo if its going to be that long the respawn should be much closer to the squad.

I'd say 30 seconds is a good starting point. Further balancing will have to be made when we see how the maps work and play out. Besides, with this spawn wave per squad system you wouldn't wait 30 seconds every time, only if you're the first casualty in a new wave... Would put some pressure in being extra careful, you don't want to die first :p.

However, I don't know if this would get us those epic charges like in RO2 where everyone spawns at once... It would probably be good for squad cohesion, but bad for team cohesion, that is, squads could keep themselves together easier, but multiple squads respawning at once would rarely happen...

Miller

Yea, sadly we might not get awesome charges like in RO2 but i think having spawn ques for different squads could improve in teamwork and make the players more careful on what they are doing. But a team spawn que might work also, but i think a squad que is better for teamwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.