• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope traction wars is planning on having all the stances such as prone ,high crawl, low crawl , high crouch , low crouch , squat and posture.

Sydd

This isn't arma, don't complicate it like arma.

On a serious note, while I quite like the idea of having added flexibility of concealment and cover, the number of controls required to just select all of those stances are... well.. a little too much.

Instead I suggest a cover system. Example: You are just around the corner of a wall, you want to peek to see whats around the corner, so you press a button to stick against the wall and use the movement keys to slowly peek out.
Example 2: The cover system can also be used to conceal yourself from fire, so say your'e behind a rock, you're taking fire... instead of crouching, you use the cover key and you lean against the rock and keep your head low, again you can peek out and return fire without aiming.

Benefits: Offers nearly the same amount of flexibility, an interesting cover system and although complicated to a certain extent, wont take up all your macro keys for different stances.

Aniallator

This isn't arma, don't complicate it like arma.

On a serious note, while I quite like the idea of having added flexibility of concealment and cover, the number of controls required to just select all of those stances are... well.. a little too much.

Instead I suggest a cover system. Example: You are just around the corner of a wall, you want to peek to see whats around the corner, so you press a button to stick against the wall and use the movement keys to slowly peek out.
Example 2: The cover system can also be used to conceal yourself from fire, so say your'e behind a rock, you're taking fire... instead of crouching, you use the cover key and you lean against the rock and keep your head low, again you can peek out and return fire without aiming.

Benefits: Offers nearly the same amount of flexibility, an interesting cover system and although complicated to a certain extent, wont take up all your macro keys for different stances.

I agree, no Arma stance system... it's far too complex. A simple crouch and prone system is fine.

RO2 has a cover system, and IMO it's annoying ninety percent of the time; you can crouch and get the same results. The sole benefit is blind fire, which I know can be implemented in TW without the need for a cover system. And we don't need a cover system to peek around corners, just use lean.

FlyingR

Seems like a cool dude.

Where's the speed-dial to Hollywood?

Man, if you ever find out who this sex God is let us know!

PS: the background music is amazing!! [MENTION=376]calgoblin[/MENTION], did you make this???

PPS: [MENTION=195]hannibaldinski[/MENTION] hahahahaha you sure can move like Jagger!

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
You should see some other videos we have of [MENTION=195]hannibaldinski[/MENTION] with music from [MENTION=376]calgoblin[/MENTION], good grief!

Fegelein

I would love it, if the cover system was something like Red Orchestra 2. @Aniallator I'm not sure why you find it annoying ^^
It is pretty simple. But maybe that's just me. I have many hours in that game.

Last edited:

Mars

Pathfinder Games
I like cover systems, but not many games have them implemented very well. RO2's was too 'sticky'. It's been a while, but Operation Flashpoint: Red River had an intuitive cover system which felt natural. So did Crysis 2 (and 3...? Can't remember)

mmiedzianyy

I like cover systems, but not many games have them implemented very well. RO2's was too 'sticky'. It's been a while, but Operation Flashpoint: Red River had an intuitive cover system which felt natural. So did Crysis 2 (and 3...? Can't remember)
Far Cry 3 and BF 4 did it very well. You don't have to press any buttons, character fit the obstacle unassisted.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I would rather have TW start with basic stances "Standing up, crouched, prone" and no cover system in first chapter and focuse on making the game feel good as is.

Than later I have no problem with there being extra stances as option (as long as I can use simple Stand, Crouch, Prone combination) and intuitive cover system.

Best way would be to start with making your character adjust to the cover he is crouched behind, so if needed he lowers his head a bit to prevent it sticking just over the wall and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.