• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Steam Server Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
BBC News said:
The Steam video game service, used by 35 million people, has been compromised by hackers.Its owner and operator, Valve, uncovered an intrusion into a user database while investigating a security breach of its discussion forums.The attackers used login details from the forum hack to access a database that held ID and credit card data.Valve said that, so far, it had no evidence that credit cards were being misused or Steam accounts abused.
I guess it was only a matter of time but still sad to see Valve targeted. Personally I've always seen Steam as the good guys out there but I know others disagree.Source: BBC News

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Likewise but by the sounds of it they got into the rest of Steam as well from the forums. I've never stored card details on Steam thankfully.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Steam Guard is a brilliant innovation :) It's one of those things that makes Valve a real leader in the market rather than just copying others like *cough* Origin *cough*

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Blizzard again, I reckon, haha!

Or perhaps EA/Ubisoft, because of Origin/UPlay?

Maniche

Status
Not open for further replies.