• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Stop Breathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer93

Hi community!!!!

Today I want to suggest you to put the action "stop breathing" when you are aiming your gun for get more precision. Obviously for a short amount of time, because you have to breathe again xD. The game Verdun have this and i like it, and I think that is realistic because you do it when shoot a gun. Maybe not when you shoot a machine gun, but yes for rifles and pistols.

Frank

K. Steine

Actually, when shooting; you slowly breathe out as you're about to fire, then hold it mid-exhale. I'm not sure if that's how it's 'supposed' to be done, but I find I'm really accurate when I use this method. Though I'm not sure how you can incorporate something like that into the game.

K. Steine

No, I mean the controlled breathing thing... In real life, it's not even remotely difficult to hold your breath mid-exhale. But in a video-game, you're not the one breathing. Holding your breath, like you do in Battlefield, CoD, or RO2, all you do is hold a key. But holding your breath mid-exhale gives you a narrow shooting time depending on your lung capacity. (I suffer from asthma, and my breathing isn't great) So moving this into game-format would be interesting in my opinion.

Troy

I don't see that there will be a need for this in game. In a firefight I wouldn't be the one holding my breath to shoot, I would just shoot the gun! I can't see this being used at a significant level during ww2 in real life for it to be included in the game.

drummer93

I don't see that there will be a need for this in game. In a firefight I wouldn't be the one holding my breath to shoot, I would just shoot the gun! I can't see this being used at a significant level during ww2 in real life for it to be included in the game.

why not? Maybe not if you are under supression fire, but if you have the opportunity to do a good shoot why you don't do it?

Roughbeak

I think the devs have more on their mind than a simple non breathing animation. :p
It might be a good idea though, but TW will have other cool stuff instead, or even an addition to. :)

drummer93

I think the devs have more on their mind than a simple non breathing animation. :p
It might be a good idea though, but TW will have other cool stuff instead, or even an addition to. :)

Is not a "simple animation". I have friends in the Air Force and I know some things about combat technics. Depend the situation, you have to do it for get more presicion. You can't control your breath all the time. When the moment to shoot come, you stop your breath. You can't get a good shoot if you don't do it. It's the reality.
And I really think that is very funny, I tested it in Verdun, and it's interesting.

Duke

Troy! How do you expect me to be a marksman if i can not hold my breath?? :D
By the way, in real life if you need to hold your breath, you can do it, so it should be implemented.
I see your point, I will also not hold my breath during a CQB when i have a Tommy gun, but when I need a sure shot and the taget is 200m away (and i am undetected) I would like to hold my breath.

K. Steine

What I think might be a good idea, is systematically choosing 'when' to hold your breath. e.g. You're aiming through a scope, and you can hear your character breathing. Now, if you choose to hold your breath just as your character finishes inhaling, you should have worse accuracy than if you choose to hold your breath during the natural respiratory pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.