• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Tank interiors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

So I got the Bundeswehr mod for Arma 3 the other day, and found that the way they implemented armored vehicle interiors is exactly how I see them being implemented in TW.

Basically, there's a detailed interior view, but there's no freelook; your view is locked. Plus, there's a great blur effect around the edges. All in all, it's immersive and enjoyable without the need for huge interiors.

FlyingR

I like WWIIO and PR:WWII a combo of both of them would be amazing! How would the gears and instruments be displayed?

Esu21

For a first stage it would be alright! But it would be a dream for me having entire interiors in some tanks,but because it need lots of work and effort,as I said before,for a first stage fixed view tanks would be fine if they make development faster

(I just saw a video of Steel Armor and now Im dreaming of having my Panzer with its full interior,sorry :rolleyes:)

drummer93

I think that a 2D interiors are enough, TW team have excellent 2D artists. For me is better that they put more effort in the drive system and things like that

Subass39

mother of god....
YES!!!!

they said this game would be about realism right?:rolleyes:
adding this will make this game achieve one step closer to realism

Here is an AMAZING example of how tanks are done right!

Aniallator

mother of god....
YES!!!!

they said this game would be about realism right?:rolleyes:
adding this will make this game achieve one step closer to realism

Here is an AMAZING example of how tanks are done right!

Tank interiors are without a doubt something we'd all love to see, but they take a long time to implement well. If TW ever implements tank interiors, I doubt it'll be when tanks are initially released in Chapter Two ;) Short of full interiors, I'm happy with static semi-interiors... that is, detailed two dimensional interiors - basically a good old detailed interior without the freelook, a hell of a lot easier than full three dimensional interiors. Something like this.

Last edited:

Fegelein

I don't think tank interiors require that much effort. Ask the developers first, and then come to such conclusions.

Tank interiors are basically like any other model, but then it is implemented into the player's view when he enters a vehicle. Modeling the interiors is the same as modeling any other building or car.

However, modeling anything requires time, research and effort. Even if you want to model a pencil, you need to set the scale, texture, size, render distance, poly amount, etc.

Tank interiors will take unnecessary time and effort to be made, because the game is still on Alpha stage and tank interiors are not in the primary list. They will of course most likely be implemented, but only after the release of the game, in 2017.
Tank Interiors confirmed? I believe they are. From what I've seen, the developers of Traction Wars are one of the most friendly and charming ones around and I feel a connection with them through the forum since they always read posts and usually tell their opinion on it. We will see it, but not yet.

Last edited:

Aniallator

I don't think tank interiors require that much effort. Ask the developers first, and then come to such conclusions.

We have ;) This isn't the first time tank interiors have been discussed. They need a lot more than just modelling; there are numerous animations required, not to mention the code that slaps it all together. In took Tripwire months to get two tanks into the game, and that's with their resources; at the end of its development, there are only four tanks available in RO2. While I can understand the lean towards quality over quantity, it just makes for slow development times, and few vehicles. Not to mention, with the scope TW is aiming for, four tanks won't be nearly enough. Yes, we may have interiors later, but not for some time, and in the meantime, detailed two dimensional interiors with that sexy blur effect around the edges are, if you ask me, just as good as full interiors. Why have slow development times and limited vehicles with great interiors, when you can have faster development times and lots of vehicles with interiors like this?

Last edited:

drummer93

exactly as [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] said.
[MENTION=1633]Fegelein[/MENTION], did you play Red Orchestra?. Tank Interiors are gorgeus, but with their resources Tripware only did two tanks: T-34 and Panzer IV. In RO2/Rising Storm they add two light/medium tanks: T-70 and Panzer III.
I know that TW dev team is excellent, but they need time and resources, and remember that they are developing this game in their free time

Kilroy115

I would love to see detailed tank interiors, but for now I am perfectly fine with simply having realistic tank combat. I had fun running a one man E8 but i could go for a change of scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.