• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Team Tactical CTP gametype

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandel122

Hi all, My name is Jandel and I'm fairly new to the forums... TBH I've posted a couple of places so I could create this topic as I think this idea could be done and if it was done right, it would be awesome!

Basically Team Tactical is no different to a normal CTP (Capture the Point) match, however there are some differences... before a match starts a commander must be selected. This commanders job is to select buildings/objectives for his team to capture and defend... Each place has a different strategical value, Everytime a point is captured the value goes up (And down if a point is lost). For example: The commander could first mark his team to capture a bunker, this bunker would assign him with 2 Strategical value points.

As more and more points are captured and more points are collected the team can start to spawn in tanks/spotter planes (I really liked that idea) and other cool vehicles. For example at the start of a game players may only be able to spawn in one tank, but towards the end the number could be somewhere between 5-10.

If your still confused about my idea, take Company of Heroes for example. If you have ever played the game you will know that you must capture points on the map and depending on how many you have is the number of resources you collect.

I hope you can all understand my idea, as I really find it hard to explain things :D

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
That's an interesting idea Jandel :)

I think I understand the idea - how would you offer a losing team a chance of turning the match around? I can see that this design would be quite unforgiving of a team which makes a slow start as the other team would quickly get major advantages in vehicles etc..

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
You could make the next couple of CTP's harder to capture. Like you can attack them from the beginning. But without vehicles it such a challange that first the easier CTP's should be captured. Then the attackers will get the resourses to attack the bigger targets.

I like it. Because its a way you can control the battle a bit. But still gives you the freedom of conquest.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Certainly has potential - it's just a matter how how to balance it. One of the things I've always liked about the old-fashioned conquest gamemode is the way it's always a fair fight no matter how far ahead one team gets.

jandel122

I see your point there Naga, but you have to remember that WW2 was a bloodbath... No battles where even, one army always had the upper hand. What I really could see for this gametype is that it comes down to how much teamwork your willing to put into the game and strategy of which points you are going to capture first.

You could give the loosing team paratroopers? to drop in behind lines and disrupt supplies and destroy inbound tanks?

Sir Apple

The thing is we want to keep it historically correct, so for things like paratroopers, if they didn't exist in the battle then we wouldn't put them in. Same for vehicles and guns

jandel122

Well then, that gametype could be like... the allies commander selects a objective to attack and the German commander selects ones to defend or something.

VonMudra

We'll have objectives already laid out on the maps for German and allied commanders to take/hold. Things like towns, bunkers, crossroads, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.