• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Terry Pratchett Film needs your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
"Troll Bridge is an epic short film based on a fable written by Terry Pratchett. Set in the phenomenally successful Discworld series, Troll Bridge is about the world’s last Barbarian hero (now at the age of 87) embarking on a suicide mission to battle a bridge troll in mortal combat."

This is a really great looking project from a high quality but small team who have attracted some very complementary comments from some of the big names in the fantasy film community.

"The teaser trailer that Daniel Knight and his team have created, has shown what they intend to achieve through their live action short film adaptation of Terry Pratchett’s Troll Bridge. The trailer is beautifully shot and suggests the promise and potential of this mind blowing story … it could ultimately be a wonderful and dramatic take on this much loved tale." - Richard Taylor, Weta Workshop

Long story short however as they're a small independent team who aren't getting paid and have big plans but a tiny budget. So they need a little help getting the last of the money together. They've created a KickStarter account so anyone can pledge towards the film - if they don't reach the target you don't get billed and there are incentives for those who donate including copies of the DVD, posters, production credits & VIP access to the London première.

I don't imagine anyone who isn't already a fan of Pratchett will be interested but I'm spreading the word anyway - theres a great promotional video on their page with a commentary of the man himself.

Link: KickStarter - Pledge to the Film

To be quite honest I expect they will get the money but if like me you'd like to be part of it in a very small way please contribute anyway. The minimum pledge is just 1 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.