• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Firearms Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried searching, yet oddly enough, in a WWII game forum, there was no such thread. So here we go.

Simply put, discuss guns, ask for help if you have problems with a gun you may have, buying advice, etc etc.

I'll start off by saying one of the best guns I ever fired was an M1 carbine. How about you guys?

K. Steine

Being a Brit, it's almost impossible to own a BB gun here... So I will never fire anything that's bigger than a .22 Air rifle.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
[MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] going to love this at least!

I've only been fiddling with (the modern) H&K 416N during my time in the Army, while having a lot of fun with the MG3, 84mm RFC, XM320, M72 and Glock. My favorite would be my beloved 416, but the MG was a ton of fun too!

Maniche

VonMudra

I have:

1777 Charleville Musket
M1896 Springfield Krag-Jorgenson
M95 Steyr-Mannlicher long rifle
Gew98 rifle
K98k rifle
K31 rifle
Venezuelan M24 carbine, made in Belgium by FN (this is the pride of my collection, only about 20,000 were made, and they are considered collectors pieces).
SMLE No1MkIII
M91/30 Mosin
M1913 Sauer .32ACP pistol
.22 S&W Revolver
A parts kit for a KP-31 Suomi that I need to save up for eventually to get a semi-auto receiver made for it (stupid california laws)

I also have fired, in no particular order:

MG34, 42, Bren, Vickers, Pak36, Bofors 37mm, M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, P38, Lugar, and some others that I bet I'm forgetting.

HereticHowl has a SMLE and a P17 Enfield as well, plus a flintlock pistol and his grandfather's service pistol (unsure what type, it's another pocket pistol like my Sauer)

You fired a Bofors? Words cannot state how jealous I am.

Here, my father only has his gov-issue M1911 from either when he was a cop or MP, not sure which.

I have a little .22 rifle, and a .243 chambered Remington 700. That's the extent of the guns I actually own entirely myself, not sharing with anyone else.

I've fired: some scoped Italian rifle whose name escapes me (probably Carcano or newer and similar), two AK-47s (with and without wire stock, didn't believe how little recoil it seemed to have, especially with wire stock), a .38 S&W, the afforementioned M1911 (and a frequently jamming .22 remake of it), an M4 (w/red dot sight), a black powder .50 cal, and several more guns which I have blurry memories of.

I noticed a lot of Mosin Nagant rifles at the range, alongside the occasional Lee Enfield. Would those be worth buying?

VonMudra

Mosins are always worth buying. Cheap, workable, and cheap ammo, plus generally make good shooters.

Kuupperi

I fired RK-95, some Chinese variant of AK and FN HP-DA during my one year military service as a conscript. I can still remember the serial number of my personal assault rifle (RK-95) and it was a damn good weapon. It never jammed nor betrayed me during the shooting tests and I hardly missed the target with it. Not really a small arm but I've fired also IFV's main gun and its machine gun when I was a part of IFV crew the last 10 months of my service.

Davies

Vanguard Friend
The L85A2 is an absolutely fantastic weapon. Easy to fire, easy to aim and easy to clean! I consider myself lucky to have fired this as I live in England. The L86A2 LSW is also lovely, from the same family as the L85A2 but the LSW is basically just the same but with a longer barrel and a bipod. I've fired a belt fed L7A2 GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun) which was also a fantastic experience. Its incredibly rare for Army Cadets (as I used to be) to get to use the heavy duty hardware such as the GPMG so I'm really glad I got to.

VonMudra

Everything I've heard is that the L85 is indeed a good gun :3 Glad to hear you back that up.

volcol

There's a few Brits on here, to clarify gun ownership over here isn't anywhere as strict as people outside of the UK (some within) would assume. Licensing can be obtained quite easily, provided your a sane person with no criminal record that would count against you owning a fire arm. It's perfectly legal to own an active weapon if it's an obsolete caliber (without license) i.e. a friends owns a live martini henry rifle.

Then when it comes to air-soft etc you just have to be registered.

As for guns, I am hoping to (before Christmas) get my first deactivated weapon - not having to worry about licensing or registration - just proof of age required. I'll likely go with an SMLE or no4 Mk1 :) being British an' all!

I suppose us Brits just don't see gun ownership as a fundamental living requirement - for those who own weapons over here, it's just an expensive hobby.

Even in Texas, we only joke about all of us having guns. Plenty are fine without them, as far as I see. Right about that, being an expensive hobby though...

Can anyone recommend some sites that have good deals? Over in FH2 forums I think a certain someone linked classicarms.com but other than that all there is I see is places like Cabela's and Academy.

VonMudra

Gunbroker is where I do most of my online shopping. Otherwise, gun shows can get you very good deals if the seller doesn't know what he has. I picked up my M95 for just 375 bucks, a steal for an untouched long Steyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.