• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Sims: U-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer93

Ok, the title is not real, I have to clarify that, but see this project guys!

Maybe some people here played Silent Hunter. It is a pretty cool saga and the cause that produced my interest on submarines in all aspects. Anyway, I was reading some games forums and puf!, I saw this:

"UBOOT is a simulator of a submarine from World War II era, yet different than all you have seen so far. Our game is a survival sandbox whose theme is the life of German soldiers. The boat is their home but can become their grave at any time.

To survive you will have to learn how the boat is built and how it works. You will also need to find out strengths and weaknesses of the crew. The boat will suffer damage during the battles but also break down because of fatigue. We have designed realistic failures that will influence the functioning of the boat from broken gaskets through battery leaks to propulsion break downs. You will have to choose properly skilled sailors so that the repairs will not take ages. "

The concept is really interesting. Yes, is like a Sims but with German sailors in a submarine! haha (and in a more realistic and serious way) I think it needs a lot of work, but I hope they can conclude this interesting project.

FlyingR

Oh damn! It sounded interesting! I don't know why I thought it was going to be in First Person. :p

The concept is brilliant, but they could've made it look a bit serious and not actually like the Sims.

This idea could be expanded in a whole new level by making it for battleships, bombers, etc.

drummer93

This idea could be expanded in a whole new level by making it for battleships, bombers, etc.

mmm yes maybe, but not big battleships. See that you have to pay attention to all your crew, you can't do that in a ship like the Graf Spee :p (maybe a game with other management system!).

I don't know bombers. Things like hungry, diseases, moral, food, fuel and ammo management, etc, not make much sense

Aniallator

Das Boot simulator 2016! It looks pretty cool, though it's a shame they chose to use those cheesey graphics... some of those zoomed out views of the U-boat remind me of Battlestations: Pacific, though :) It's an interesting concept!

drummer93

though it's a shame they chose to use those cheesey graphics...

yes I was talking about that when I said it needs a lot of work. I think that things like animation, effects and some visuals will be very improved. It is a project that is in a Kickstarter phase. I think we will have good fun with this game :)

FlyingR

Das Boot simulator 2016! It looks pretty cool, though it's a shame they chose to use those cheesey graphics...

Exactly Ani, it looks way to cheesy like the Sims! [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] this is what I meant about Uboot not looking serious.

As for your point on battleships; of course it would be a different management system, same for bombers, but it would be cool/interesting :D If they made it also that it could be First Person, it would be quite awesome.

Aniallator

LOL [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] the link is in Spanish xD Don't know why, that totally cracked me up. Anyway, it looks like if you donate enough, you can use Allied subs as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.