• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

This looks promising - learn from Heros & General's mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esu21

Heroes and Generals is the WORST WW2 game and WORST "modern" shooter game.

Traction Wars will probably eat it in its 1st week of release.

Well,the worst one... H&G has decent graphics,makes you feel the ww2 enviroment (sounds stupid,but its true) and has more features that make it a good game if your bored and dont have any better ww2 game on your computer :D Of course,the rest is sh*t,but I would say at least a 20 or 15% of the game is OK.

Simon

Well,the worst one... H&G has decent graphics,makes you feel the ww2 enviroment (sounds stupid,but its true) and has more features that make it a good game if your bored and dont have any better ww2 game on your computer :D Of course,the rest is sh*t,but I would say at least a 20 or 15% of the game is OK.

Well, graphics are nice, but if you are bored and play H&G you will have to spend a lot of money beause P2W players will dominate the field.

Esu21

Well, graphics are nice, but if you are bored and play H&G you will have to spend a lot of money beause P2W players will dominate the field.

In the game theres not team balance for a lot of reasons, so you can compesate the extreme P2W with joining the most populated side (Axis) and using MP40 and MG42, 2 of the most OP weapons :p The unbalance of the game makes the P2W balanced

Comrade

I was the first community moderator for the H&G forums quite a while back. I've had a couple of small internal discussions on the boards via private message & private moderator subsection with Reto, though this isn't to be confused with labeling myself as some sort of insider as I never knew much more than the average user regarding game development. In my opinion based on those and the early development in general, they didn't seem quite sure on the game's direction besides a few key elements. Not everyone on their team seemed knowledgeable in World War II's history at the time.

All in all, general statement: It's better to accept and know what you're going for from the ground up and if you tailor to a certain niche than do so to the fullest. WW2 games can be a tough task for developers with the contrast of today's gaming formula, particularly First Person Shooters in this case. Either way, I would commend those developers who have taken the challenge regardless of the outcome.

Raul

Story time :D

It's all a bit subjective (ironically, in my opinion), H&G was one of my turning points in gaming, and honestly, I think it all depends on when you have joined the community.

I suppose the disappointment would have been "less disappointing" if you guys would have joined sometime during Closed Beta or Alpha.

Ofc, it all depends on how pleasant your stay was, but I know for me, H&G was something shiny, until it became to get little by little more "broken" than it was before.

The FPS got to be a pain for certain systems, imo the RTS part got blown up, and the action game went from arcade to arcade, complex and complicated.

My stand was sometime between the B-R builds, after which I began to be a rare sight in the game .

We just have to wait for TW to enter the testing stage so we can put our teeny tiny tester noses to work xD! But as we can see from the info so far, TW wont have the same curve as H&G.

TW strikes me as a PR/BF-ish game, H&G is BF-ish with some original content as well as the unfair advantage (If being opportunistic) of P2W.

You feel guys :^)?

Killen

It's all a bit subjective (ironically, in my opinion), H&G was one of my turning points in gaming, and honestly, I think it all depends on when you have joined the community.

I suppose the disappointment would have been "less disappointing" if you guys would have joined sometime during Closed Beta or Alpha.

Ofc, it all depends on how pleasant your stay was, but I know for me, H&G was something shiny, until it became to get little by little more "broken" than it was before.

The FPS got to be a pain for certain systems, imo the RTS part got blown up, and the action game went from arcade to arcade, complex and complicated.

My stand was sometime between the B-R builds, after which I began to be a rare sight in the game .

We just have to wait for TW to enter the testing stage so we can put our teeny tiny tester noses to work xD! But as we can see from the info so far, TW wont have the same curve as H&G.

TW strikes me as a PR/BF-ish game, H&G is BF-ish with some original content as well as the unfair advantage (If being opportunistic) of P2W.

Did you play the game because you like the gameplay? I did because i like bycicles :3

Zainab

:3 I Love the car/jeep whatever they called there though.Playing it since 2013 but left, sometimes plays it.

Last edited:

Raul

Did you play the game because you like the gameplay? I did because i like bycicles :3
The gameplay changed dramatically...but yes, the bikes were a decisive factor :laugh:! No joking guys, you could turn tanks upside down with them 2 wheeled beasties 8|!

Imagine an AT-AT being downed by an Ewok.

Zak_De_Mole

The only thing i have to add as a 3 year old player from H&G is forget about it, it has gone to shirt for long time now. High hopes for TW, i really hope we will all enjoy our mutual love for WW2 games and leave petty grievances behind. We should always remmember, if its fun to play, it doesn't matter really if u win or lose. Some you will, some you won't. As long as it stays on the realism path, we will all have no excuse if we start pounding its other about this and that. Hope you all feel me..

Aniallator

BF-ish? No... but PR-ish, yeah. I hope TW gets the same dedicated community that PR has :)

FlyingR

I don't know, I see H&G more complicated than it should be (correct me if I'm wrong). That's why I believe that TW will succeed: it will be simple. I'm not talking about controls or how you play it but the game style itself. Weapons that everybody will be able to use and get the objective. That's it. From what I see, it will be as straight forward as it can be, this is apart being free and realistic.

There's no important personal goals that can affect the game one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.