• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Titanfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Kind of crazy what varierty the Source engine is capable of.

I'm not sure on this... It looks fun, but it could also be just CoD with robots. Did anyone get into the beta?

volcol

played it down at a friends, it just feels like a 6 vs 6 CoD game with mechs and a few other perk vs perk things... really disappointed me. Not my cup of tea :( single player could be good though

_Franky_

I was in the beta. There will be no single player. Just an online campaign mode.
I must say the level design is brilliant though.
But I had some major gripes with the game.
There are bots running around and they distract the hell out of me. I wanted to focus on the human opponents which are a much larger threat.
Even worse, the game gave way too many point for killing bots and not enough for killing humans.
And then there is the melee attack. It is the stupidest thing ever.
I shot a guy twice, he didn't die, he kicks me once without ever shooting me and instant death for me.
I uninstalled the beta right after that match. Also, it was over 12GB of data for the beta which was only two maps. WTF?
Glad I played it though, because I would never pay 60$ for this...
The concept was fun though and it has great ideas. But yeah, really quite a mixed bag.
And it is definitely more than just CoD with robots. That statement's a little too dismissive.

volcol

CoD with robots and bots then :D - gutted there's no single player - and $60 - really? that's ridiculous.
The map design was very very nice though - gotta agree with that.

Feldmeijer

CoD with robots and bots then :D - gutted there's no single player - and $60 - really? that's ridiculous.
The map design was very very nice though - gotta agree with that.

Only 60$?! Yeah that IS ridiculous. I hope that TW will be at least twice as expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.