• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Traction War's Competitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

For some reason, this year or the next one there will be many WWII realistic games coming out... TW, FE, apparently Iron Clash, etc...

FlyingR

There are many more like that that are WIP, not just these three. I don't know how many members does each community have though except for TW which is around 2500. My point is that if they are all going to come out roughly (this or next year) at the same time, it will be a good competition on becoming the top game in this category. I'm not indirectly saying to TW (or any other game for that matter) to hurry, pressure them or anything of the sort.

What I see so far is that TW does have a solid and constant work progress with an active team, and it was one of the first suggestions that I saw on Facebook (along with FE), so their presence must be quite strong. As well many famous Youtubers have covered this game like Bluedrake42.

Killen

There are many more like that that are WIP, not just these three. I don't know how many members does each community have though except for TW which is around 2500. My point is that if they are all going to come out roughly (this or next year) at the same time, it will be a good competition on becoming the top game in this category. I'm not indirectly saying to TW (or any other game for that matter) to hurry, pressure them or anything of the sort.

I hope that these titles don't come out all toghether, because in that case i wouldn't find the time to play all of them. I would have to choose, that's difficult because probably they are all good.

Killen

Is Iron Clash free, though? FE's not...
I don't know if it is free or not, it isn't written in the main page. I don't care if these games become pay to play (like bf4, i don't know how to say it lol), i will still do whatever in my possibilities to enjoy these tactical shooters.

FlyingR

Sorry for bringing this topic up once more, but it suits my question pretty well. As mentioned in the update, you guys will release the game in 18 to 24 months (maybe earlier if you get enough men). By then I'm sure there will be many WWII games out, many will categorize themselves as realistic as well (Festung Europa, PRWWII, and so on). Do you guys (The Team especially) believe that this will affect the number or members of this community at all? And if so, how would you respond to that?

Killen

Sorry for bringing this topic up once more, but it suits my question pretty well. As mentioned in the update, you guys will release the game in 18 to 24 months (maybe earlier if you get enough men). By then I'm sure there will be many WWII games out, many will categorize themselves as realistic as well (Festung Europa, PRWWII, and so on). Do you guys (The Team especially) believe that this will affect the number or members of this community at all? And if so, how would you respond to that?

I think Festung Europa won't be release in 18-24 months, War of Rights probably will be.

Is PRWW2 actually played? It doesn't work with PR standalone right?

FlyingR

PRWWII is currently under development, and it is a mini mod of PR :)
@Maniche hahaha fair enough! :D

[MENTION=195]hannibaldinski[/MENTION] Oh, stop it you! <3

Not the answers I was looking for but I loved them nonetheless hahaha!

hannibaldinski

TW Developer

On a more serious note;

It will be challenge to create a good player base so there enough players online on any given moment. But the main difference with all upcoming games is that we are free and thus making the barrier for new players to experience our game very low.

Also 'realistic' is a term that can be interpertated in different ways leading to verious gaming experiences. I think it is good we've some solid competition and at the end each game might turn out very different from each other.

FlyingR

Thanks hanni for the answer, I completely agree about your realistic point of view, I forgot to add the "realistic". I'm sure that TW will be the most realistic game out there. The reason why I asked that question was because, if new games come out before TW, most people will shift to those games, the thing is, once a community is built sometimes is hard to move on. Since people will be in the other gaming communities, how would you attract more people?

Of course you have a really big advantage as you mentioned that your game will be free, apart from having good graphics, huge level of detail and promotes teamwork. I mean your game is perfect... But how will you cope with the other competition when much of the online players are playing the many different games?

Status
Not open for further replies.