• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Traction Wars & Steam announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutumnWind

Hi

When Traction Wars will be announced on Steam?
What I mean is that not so many people know about this game.
Do you have topic about Traction Wars on Steam forum, where you inform about updates?
Its is hard to find game like this, when not so many people know about.

It would be nice to have bigger community :)

Regards!

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Hi, AutumnWind

We do have a Steam-group actually where we also post our updates (currently sitting on 389 members).

Maniche

AutumnWind

[MENTION=109]Maniche[/MENTION] Thank you for your answer!

Steam Group is not enough, you have to know about this game, then you join the group, it works like this, so Steam group is just another place where you can find ppl who already know about TW.
I think you should spread a word on Steam forum, start to build the community.
For now only WW2 FPS fanatics here, you need more ppl.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
We are fine with "fanatics" for now (jeez didn't know I became a fanatic by knowing maybe the simplest basics about the war) (yes that was a joke).

Jokes aside I like the current forum community, very mature and I like to see presence of history nerds to give the game equal amount of fun AND immersion.

Feldmeijer

We are fine with "fanatics" for now (jeez didn't know I became a fanatic by knowing maybe the simplest basics about the war) (yes that was a joke).

Jokes aside I like the current forum community, very mature and I like to see presence of history nerds to give the game equal amount of fun AND immersion.

I have to agree with you!

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
If you're referring to a Greenlight [MENTION=496]AutumnWind[/MENTION] then we're not in a position to discuss that at this time. As far as I'm aware there are no threads on the Steam forums for us outside of the Traction Wars Steam group. There's nothing stopping anyone here telling the world how awesome we are though ;)

GhostDogg

im sure if there will be something playable that there will be players flocking in from all kind of areas
see there are a lot of people that like the ww2 era and not to mention that ww2 games are a rare occurence nowadays

we got 2 choices as far as i know
ro2 and h&G
one is nice and immersive but also sadly not to many people playing it anymore .
the other is an arcade game where to one with the best modded gun owns others prettymuch

i hope this game will cater to
history players '
hardcore realism lovers
teamplayers
the older generation players .

im sure there is a demand for this game and if it becomes as good as we hope then the word will travel fast :D

polysemy

ro2 and h&G

I'm still looking for a replacement for the RO1 Darkest Hour mod + the Iron Front arma2 mod. I still play ro2 from time to time, but it never quite had the feel I was looking for-- it's good for what it is though.

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
im sure if there will be something playable that there will be players flocking in from all kind of areas
see there are a lot of people that like the ww2 era and not to mention that ww2 games are a rare occurence nowadays

ro2 and h&G
one is nice and immersive but also sadly not to many people playing it anymore .
the other is an arcade game where to one with the best modded gun owns others prettymuch

i hope this game will cater to
history players '
hardcore realism lovers
teamplayers
the older generation players .

im sure there is a demand for this game and if it becomes as good as we hope then the word will travel fast :D

I'm still looking for a replacement for the RO1 Darkest Hour mod + the Iron Front arma2 mod. I still play ro2 from time to time, but it never quite had the feel I was looking for-- it's good for what it is though.

in the mean time try this = Forgotten Hope - News

Koenigstiger

I love RO2 but it is far (FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR) from perfect, the immersion and feel is good but it's so linear

H&G is a god damned joke and is worth nothing beyond that

Considering getting BF2 to try out forgotten Hope, I saw one of the mods (Project reality) and thought it was brilliant so I must try Forgotten Hope!

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
If you think PR is brilliant, FH2 might surprise you, as it takes a very different approach.
Instead of the slow tactical pace FH2 combines the great open spaces of PR with the historical accuracy and faster pace of RO2.
It's a healthy mix. It can be utterly devastating when you get killed five times in row by the usual 24/7 tank camper, but also very satisfying when you manage to outsmart him.

And the teamwork can be quite good, too, if you manage to find a decent squad. But FH2 players aren't very vocal usually. They prefer what I call "silent immersion"

Oh, since your Australian you might be out of luck, as the worldwide FH2 community died out slowly, and all that is left if fortress Europe and various occasional tournaments held by F|H and WaW. However, single player is also quite strong in FH2 and it gets better in every patch so you might still have some fun. For 5$, i think it's worth it.

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
If you think PR is brilliant, FH2 might surprise you, as it takes a very different approach.
Instead of the slow tactical pace FH2 combines the great open spaces of PR with the historical accuracy and faster pace of RO2.
It's a healthy mix. It can be utterly devastating when you get killed five times in row by the usual 24/7 tank camper, but also very satisfying when you manage to outsmart him.

And the teamwork can be quite good, too, if you manage to find a decent squad. But FH2 players aren't very vocal usually. They prefer what I call "silent immersion"

Oh, since your Australian you might be out of luck, as the worldwide FH2 community died out slowly, and all that is left if fortress Europe and various occasional tournaments held by F|H and WaW. However, single player is also quite strong in FH2 and it gets better in every patch so you might still have some fun. For 5$, i think it's worth it.

hope you can play during euro evenings, always a lot of folks on then. weekends is pretty much my only time to get any games in with the populated server...

At least on Thursdays WaW has their weekly pub, which fetches about 16 people. Though, I liked how on the day of 2.48 patch, it was the only populated server, not even 762 had people.

Miller786

FH2 is really nice! But im afraid nothing can replace the WW2 Online feel, you really feel like you're fighting a war in that game, too bad the game is getting old :(

PFAHLMANN

yes, not many games out there like this
can't wait to be able to play it
and i also hope there will be a direct access mode, not just steam, because not everybody uses steam (including me)...:)
furthermore i also hope, that the developers will have the resolution to keep this game unique

Roughbeak

FH2 is really nice! But im afraid nothing can replace the WW2 Online feel, you really feel like you're fighting a war in that game, too bad the game is getting old :(

FH2 is very impressive, maybe you haven't played it with many players, but I would give it a 9/10. It's my favorite mod/game right now (as will ever be). :D

Pvt_Larry

FH2 is very impressive, maybe you haven't played it with many players, but I would give it a 9/10. It's my favorite mod/game right now (as will ever be). :D

Finally came by a copy of Battlefield 2 now, so I'll get a chance to give FH2 and Project Reality a spin.xD

Status
Not open for further replies.