• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

War of Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

War of Rights is an upcoming FPS set in the American Civil War, utilizing CRYENGINE. From everything I've seen, this game is on par with TW in it's level of awesomeness. Close, anyway ;) There's a Kickstarter and it's on Steam Greenlight. If you think WoR looks good, vote it up on Greenlight! This game needs all the support it can get!

Steam Greenlight :: War of Rights
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947432146/war-of-rights?ref=card

Aniallator

To some extent, yes, however I'm sure the Campfire devs have ways to keep player enjoyment at maximum. Plus, there's loads more to use than just muskets and rifles; pistols, swords, et cetera, as well as full-on cannons later on. They'll have cavalry as well, and that I'm stoked for! I think it'll be a pretty cool game.

drummer93

To some extent, yes, however I'm sure the Campfire devs have ways to keep player enjoyment at maximum. Plus, there's loads more to use than just muskets and rifles; pistols, swords, et cetera, as well as full-on cannons later on. They'll have cavalry as well, and that I'm stoked for! I think it'll be a pretty cool game.

yep, cavalry will be cool. I'm sure the game will be very realistic an detailed, but I think that this game will be only for a very very specific kind of player. The "Napoleonic" battle style is slow and needs a lot of obedience and coordination.

The graphics and animations seems awesome

Aniallator

yep, cavalry will be cool. I'm sure the game will be very realistic an detailed, but I think that this game will be only for a very very specific kind of player. The "Napoleonic" battle style is slow and needs a lot of obedience and coordination.

The graphics and animations seems awesome

True, true, and true. I mean, it's CRYENGINE :D And yeah, somehow I don't think there'll be many trolls in WoR.

FlyingR

For me at least it's the type of game where you play it a few times, you have a laugh, and then maybe after a while you stop because it's almost always the same.

For me I would prefer medieval :D There's also one that it's about 1800s ship war between pirates and the British. Bluedrake42 and others play it, it's pretty cool too!

drummer93

For me at least it's the type of game where you play it a few times, you have a laugh, and then maybe after a while you stop because it's almost always the same.

For me I would prefer medieval :D There's also one that it's about 1800s ship war between pirates and the British. Bluedrake42 and others play it, it's pretty cool too!

mmm maybe. But don't forget the melee combat. If they can do a good system the melee combat could take an important role, offering more possibilities in gameplay

Aniallator

There's also one that it's about 1800s ship war between pirates and the British. Bluedrake42 and others play it, it's pretty cool too!

Yeah I saw Bluedrake's video on that, and I have to say it looks pretty fun, though from a historical standpoint it's grossly inaccurate, and as a sailor myself, it's almost an insult... but, meh. Seems pretty unfinished, so I don't think I'd bother playing it for a while longer. As for your medieval hankering, I have but three words. Kingdom... Come... Deliverance! I've got to get that once it's out, because man, does that look amazing!

@drummer93 WoR is supposed to have some kind of mêlée system, seeing as they have a lot of swords you can use. I mean, if you're a cavalryman, unless you have a pistol as well your sword is going to be your only weapon. And I read somewhere that they've done a lot to make bayonets a fun and useful weapon to use.

FlyingR

For me it's a personal opinion, like you said it will be slow. It was a slow type of combat, loading and reloading, forming lines, follow the steps to shoot, etc. Maybe Mudra will like it!

Being FPS, it would be cool yet scary to see cannonballs flying by and taking someone's head ( if that can happen (?))

As well, it would be cool if there was a gattling gun (that is, if there was one in real life).

Apparently someone already payed £2500!?!?!

Ani, yes it's completely innacurate, that is true! But the water looks so nice :D and I'll check that game right now!

drummer93

For me it's a personal opinion, like you said it will be slow. It was a slow type of combat, loading and reloading, forming lines, follow the steps to shoot, etc. Maybe Mudra will like it!
yes of course, just I think that it's not about boredom, it's about the battle style and mechanics.

They were a very very few number of Gattling guns. Not very accurate if they put that gun ingame

EDIT: boredom about the game itself, not the long reloading animation haha xD

Last edited:

Aniallator

Being FPS, it would be cool yet scary to see cannonballs flying by and taking someone's head ( if that can happen (?))

As well, it would be cool if there was a gattling gun (that is, if there was one in real life).

Well the game focuses on this one campaign, and Gatlings weren't used in that campaign, so they won't be in. Not sure about your head, but yes, your limbs can be blown off!

yes of course, just I think that it's not about boredom, it's about the battle style and mechanics.

They were a very very few number of Gattling guns. Not very accurate if they put that gun ingame

EDIT: boredom about the game itself, not the long reloading animation haha xD

Okay, thanks for clearing that up xD "Look at this long, detailed reloading animation! OMG, so boring!"

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] One's head can certainly be lopped off by a cannonball. I believe it happened to a Prussian general, but I can't remember his name. SOS [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION]?

Aniallator

@Aniallator One's head can certainly be lopped off by a cannonball. I believe it happened to a Prussian general, but I can't remember his name. SOS @VonMudra?

Graf von Schwerin perhaps? I know he was ended by a cannon ball after shouting to his men, "Let all brave Prussians follow me!" Anyway, it's possible to be decapitated by a cannon ball of course, I was referring to whether or not it's possible in WoR.

Esu21

I was referring to whether or not it's possible in WoR.

I dont think the body will drop dead without head or something like that... maybe too much gore. But if there're going to be cannons,it will be as possible as using AT shells against infantry in H&G xD

Aniallator

I dont think the body will drop dead without head or something like that... maybe too much gore. But if there're going to be cannons,it will be as possible as using AT shells against infantry in H&G xD

I don't know, if they're willing to show limbs being severed by cannon balls, severing heads wouldn't be that bad; I mean, you see people losing their heads in Skyrim all the time xD

Status
Not open for further replies.