• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Weekend Madness! You chose!

Which game would you like to play in the nexrt Weekend Madness?

• Project Reality

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • WWIIO

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Battlefield 1942

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Forgotten Hope 2

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Just a shout to everyone that it has been confirmed that FH2 works with the free* copy of BF 2 too!

You can try to get it here:

BF2 Battlelog - Home

*free as in abandonware, but still requires registration on that community backed service

Timberwolf

I still remember buying BF2.

It was back when I wasn't very informed about gaming in general or knowledgable about PCs, and while I loved BF1942, I didn't realize Battlefield was a franchise until after I had bought BF2.

At the time, it was a tossup between CoD:WaW and BF2, and the only thing preventing me from buying CoD was the fact my PC couldn't run it (after I asked my dad).
I'm still thankful for it.

P.S. The first time I played it, it looked like BF4 does today. (I was used to graphics like BF1942)
P.P.S. I mostly stopped playing BF2 due to the fake recoil. (The random bullet spread) When you would empty an M4 mag on full auto on an enemy 5 meters away you were guaranteed to miss 60-70% of your shots due to the bullet spread.

mmiedzianyy

P.P.S. I mostly stopped playing BF2 due to the fake recoil. (The random bullet spread) When you would empty an M4 mag on full auto on an enemy 5 meters away you were guaranteed to miss 60-70% of your shots due to the bullet spread.
When i played it for the 1st time i was used to COD and MOHAA recoil and i had the same problem.
That's why lots of the BF2 online servers have it changed. The spread was decreased. I don't know if its still practicise, but then you could do rapid semi auto fire and weapons were quite accurate. Also, you need to be patient with BF2, there is no auto in this game. 1 shot per second only and crouch, even prone, especially on longer ranges. Besides, BF2 is still awesome game. Most annoying thing are weird lags. Had this problem on 3 different PC's.

Timberwolf

When i played it for the 1st time i was used to COD and MOHAA recoil and i had the same problem.
That's why lots of the BF2 online servers have it changed. The spread was decreased. I don't know if its still practicise, but then you could do rapid semi auto fire and weapons were quite accurate. Also, you need to be patient with BF2, there is no auto in this game. 1 shot per second only and crouch, even prone, especially on longer ranges. Besides, BF2 is still awesome game. Most annoying thing are weird lags. Had this problem on 3 different PC's.

Luckily FH2 has ditched it in favor of actual recoil.

Esu21

Just a shout to everyone that it has been confirmed that FH2 works with the free* copy of BF 2 too!

You can try to get it here:

BF2 Battlelog - Home

*free as in abandonware, but still requires registration on that community backed service

Thanks! Now I got FH2 and work perfectly,but I have to improve my knowledge of each side's uniforms! So many teamkills in less than a day! :rolleyes:

Aniallator

Sorry I haven't played guys, I haven't had Internet till an hour ago. Sadly the Internet here in Comoros is pretty messed up, so I doubt I'll get in on some Midweek Madness before November :(

Status
Not open for further replies.