• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What I would like in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new in this forum, and I want to show one of the things I would like to have in the game.
I'm not sure I violate the rule nr. 6 So I just link up to it. I think it should be in a realistic historical shooter as its a the cruel part of a war. And I think it's to show respect and justice to those who fought in a war.

sorry.. I can see that it automatically show the movie.

LazMan12

Hi, welcome to the community! :D
While there should be some realistic gore, I don't think that hand grenades really have the power to rip a body in half or blow someone's entire head off like it is shown in some parts of the video (unless it's straped to them). An artillery shell, mortar bomb or satchell charge are a whole nother story, though :rolleyes:

Thank you very much LazMan12! :) I think grenades is very powerful. But I'm sure the historical crew on the team will find out :D
[video=youtube;JPxPA2sAf_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxPA2sAf_0[/video]

Aniallator

Welcome to the community, [MENTION=2714]SneakersDK[/MENTION]!

The gore in that clip isn't realistic... hand grenades damage surface tissue. Generally speaking, they won't sever a limb, let alone a torso. Don't worry, there'll be gore in TW, but implemented on a realistic level, not a zombie apocalypse one.

Thank you Aniallator! :D Good to be here. Well if it's not realistic I see no reason why it should be there. :D That is good to know and be wiser. ;)

Sydd

Ani is right, nades arent powerful enough to sever limbs, they just blow shrapnel into you. In order for gore to be implemented, you'd either need to get shot by a HMG you know, like an mg42 or a tank HE shell or mortar rounds etc. I don't know who suggested this in another suggestions thread but he suggested that there should be an option to turn on the gore and turn it off as well. I agree with him, see not everyone is capable of seeing gore like us, personally I think it should be in the game and it adds for immersion. With that being said, welcome to the community Sneakers!

LazMan12

Thank you very much LazMan12! :) I think grenades is very powerful. But I'm sure the historical crew on the team will find out :D

Thanks for the fun video!
If you throw a grenade down someone's throat they will probably have the same faith as the washing machine. If they threw it by the washing machine instead of inside it would probably get a nasty dent and a lot of shrapnell holes. A human would probably get broken bones and shrapnell wounds, in tight spaces they may get killed by the shear high pressure without having very much visible damage on the outside.

drummer93

Hi SneakersDK, welcome!. Take in account that in this video the soldier launched the grenade inside a closed container, and the expansive wave produced a big pressure inside the machine and well, we can see what happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.