• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

WWII Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Re: Picture of the Day

Kursk :)

FlyingR

My favourite fighter,P-38-Lightning a.k.a. Fork-Tail Devil, over the beaches at Normandy, 6th of June, 1944.

rt313.jpg

Fun Fact 1: Doolittle, at that time General and commander of the 8th Air Force in 1944, was flying a P-38 during the D-Day landings.

Fun Fact 2: St. Exupery, author of the Little Prince, flew a P-38 during the war, and crashed with one over the Mediterranean.

Aniallator

Fun Fact 1: Doolittle, at that time General and commander of the 8th Air Force in 1944, was flying a P-38 during the D-Day landings.

At one point, flying through a cloud bank, Doolittle actually became seperated with his wingman and found himself flying solo over the German defenses!

Petrovich

Some WWII artwork which i create back in the days with oil paint technique.

Roughbeak

Looks to be (American) Curtis P40 Warhawks passing over a village

Last edited:

Sydd

Looks to be Chinese Curtis P40 Warhawks (?) passing over a village

Not exactly. Take a good look at the logo. Its the american volunteer fighter group which operated in china. They were called the flying tigers. They had a k/d ratio somewhere around 25:1 but don't quote me on that its somewhere in 20s. However that p-40 indeed belongs to the flying tigers squadron that operated in china.
Edit: Let me also tell you that this particular squadron depicted in the image is the 3rd squadron, Hell's Angels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.