• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

2017 Q1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping someone could shed some light on the whether or not TW is still expected to release, in Overlord-lite, in Q1/Q2 of 2017. With how much progression games like Post Scriptum have made in such a small period of time, unfortunately I'm rapidly losing faith in this project. The old sentiment of ''Its ready when its ready'' is all fine and dandy you have hung on its coat tails for 6 years but with a game like Post Scriptum, clearly so close to a release, one would be hard pressed to tell me this isnt a worrying concern for you. Especially when PS, from what I can see, has everything one would expect in TW PLUS vehicles and much larger maps. Please, someone restore faith in me and reassure the summer expected release date.

Patience TW is in work in progress

Just the type of response I would have expected to receive. Anyone else who is more ''in the know'' ? I'm not asking for anyone to divulge state secrets here lol. Merely wondering if a tentative release period, that was given by TW dev's, will be followed through with.

FlyingR

Just the type of response I would have expected to receive. Anyone else who is more ''in the know'' ? I'm not asking for anyone to divulge state secrets here lol. Merely wondering if a tentative release period, that was given by TW dev's, will be followed through with.

They said that in 2015 that by this year they would release the game and on their Christmas update they showed a video of a green lantern meaning that Steam Greenlight was getting near.

You have to understand though that the devs (who are not many to begin with) are giving their free time to make a game which will be free for us. They are putting their own money and effort to do all of this man, they may be having problems that we don't know about which for us may seem stupid but it can affect the development of the game.

Many people are thinking like you but as [MENTION=4241]gabgab123[/MENTION] said, let's be patient, the devs don't owe us anything and we shouldn't be pressuring them, it creates unnecessary problems. TW is focusing on details where PS is not, for example many of their tanks have been lacking the quality or the historical accuracy.

When PS comes out we will all play PS and when TW comes out we will TW as well, the better for us! Let's just be thankful that many WWII tactical games are coming out.

Aniallator

Pretty much what @FlyingR said. I'd also like to bring up the fact that PS isn't a game, where TW is; PS is just a mod. By all appearances PS is making leaps and strides in development, but all they're doing is making content. TW has a far, far more difficult task, and that is making an actual game. If all TW had to do was make content, you'd probably see similar progress here ;) Squad will also release their new CoreInventory system in April or May, which will break any mods using the existing inventory system, like PS. They have a lot of work ahead of them yet, but when they do release I look forward to playing PS until TW comes out. Just to clarify about Overlord-lite, it will be development-side and not a public release, the intent being to allow the devs to more effectively develop TW by focusing on core features.

drummer93

I'd also like to bring up the fact that PS isn't a game, where TW is; PS is just a mod. By all appearances PS is making leaps and strides in development, but all they're doing is making content.

This point is very very important.

Heinrich, some people like me waited for the release a lot of time,more than you with all my respects , and we are still here. This game will be a gift for us. And is pretty cool that we will can play a lot of tactical WWII games in the next years. PS, Resistance and Liberation, Festung Europa, and of course Traction Wars. A great era for the people who likes realistic shooters and WWII is coming. Be patient comrade.

This point is very very important.

Heinrich, some people like me waited for the release a lot of time,more than you with all my respects , and we are still here. This game will be a gift for us. And is pretty cool that we will can play a lot of tactical WWII games in the next years. PS, Resistance and Liberation, Festung Europa, and of course Traction Wars. A great era for the people who likes realistic shooters and WWII is coming. Be patient comrade.

I had another account on this forum but lost access to the email address. Been following this game since 2012~ ? I have been involved in the realism community since roughly 2006. This thread is already turning into PS vs TW which is not the direction I wanted it to go and I really shouldn't of even brought up PS. I would just like to know if there are still on pace for a 2017 release.

FlyingR

I had another account on this forum but lost access to the email address. Been following this game since 2012~ ? I have been involved in the realism community since roughly 2006. This thread is already turning into PS vs TW which is not the direction I wanted it to go and I really shouldn't of even brought up PS. I would just like to know if there are still on pace for a 2017 release.

Well to repeat myself:

They said that in 2015 that by this year they would release the game and on their Christmas update they showed a video of a green lantern meaning that Steam Greenlight was getting near.

The guys are still working on the project, yes, They even show us a few pictures or gifs on Discord, which shows that they are working on it, but honestly I wouldn't be so sure if they even know when they will release it as well. Another reason why they are taking so much time is because they want to release the game in excellent conditions (unlike most games where there are so many bugs or are incomplete), they don't want to deliver half a game.

Alex

I think the attention to detail and care for accuracy makes the wait well worth it. Sure it'll be nice to play PS sooner, but you have to remember quite a bit of their assets are lacking and historically inaccurate. I'm certain TW will probably release sometime this year, but Q1 may be pushing it.

Traduit du français vers l'anglais (translate French => English)

You who am for 6 years, me them and already written to tell them that patient since 2008, then I always ask myself question - when they will go out?
- Do you think one day of playing on a small end of codes
- The game is expected from now on almost 9 years what is what the game will be as high as these 9 years of wait?

The answer is almost drop by drop, it is as the press, he frees the information that they want that have hears him, but at this stage of the game, just like you I waits with patience and impatience for a game deserving of the height of a good FPS WW2.

It is true that later aims of year, it is little number of video, on the playability and the handiness of the soldier in game there, graphics and images appear one time and forget themselves afterward, because we are players passionés. But he would have had to to the effect announce in 2008, only announce when the game will go out, that is during the year or he will be freed, except it is not the case, is as you me patience maintaining for almost 9 years. But I keep hope being able to play English or Americans.

Good weekend

Last edited by a moderator:

Mid-Lifer

Or maybe their mistake was to create this forum and the hype too soon. If they waited to go public one year before planned completion, everybody would be cheering the "amazing progress" :laugh:

Mars

Pathfinder Games
Haha, we've mentioned this before in our Slack if we ever get round to another game - do we go the open-development Star Citizen route or the Bethesda near-release hyper route. Easier to manage expectations with the Bethesda method!

Status
Not open for further replies.