• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Battlefield 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Just checked - MoH was Frostbite for multiplayer and UE3 for singleplayer (source). That goes a long way for explaining why BF3 looks similar, MoH borrowed the BF engine!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I'm actually quite surprised each time I watch these trailers about how real it looks. Perhaps it just the post production but it has that gritty film feel.

I also like dragging the team-mate to safety - who didn't love being killed the second you were revived in BF2 :p

Edad Tace

i think the dragging bud to safety thing is just a single player cinematic thing?

tbh i really don't like how the game looks - just looks unreal to me

Edad Tace

yh i actully noticed that while writing the messenger - but i don't think we're gonna see that in mp - battlefield does have it's 15s spawn time soo that's not a lot of time to drag bodies around

and it's not like it's unusual to see gameplay features once or twice in the sp campaign and not seeing them mp ?

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Some new muliplayer, singelplayer and other footage. I can't wait.

[video=youtube;f_wp1e4wFbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_wp1e4wFbw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

brrr

TW Developer
Games looking amazing. Its the first time in years that an major fps game at e3 is showing pc only footage with all playable builds on pc too. Theres some funny vids on youtube showing console gamers attempting to play the game on pc.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Gameplay looks like BC2. I'm passing this game. Not deemed worthy enough full price, a 20 euro game maybe.

That's good news for me though, now the Fuchs Financy Department can focus costs on RO2.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Zome BF3 alpha gameplay. I don't know. But I was expecting more of BF3. Graphics are amazing but the gameplay looks almost the same as BC2. Maybe Forgotten Hope 2.4 ruined it for me. I'm addicted to FH now.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
The original concept of battlefield is.. death. Glad you came to the realization it's just BC2 in a new jacket.

Sir Apple

I like the vaulting and crawling animations, and the graphics and such but it looks the same as BC2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.