• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Battlefield 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games

Leaked Battlefield 4 promo image... (unconfirmed)

Official artwork from first person shooter Battlefield 4 seems to confirm that the game has a modern day setting, the same as Battlefield 3.

EA is set to unveil Battlefield 4 late on March 26, after having previously teased an announcement at GDC in San Francisco. They’ve subsequently admitted that this is indeed a Battlefield 4 reveal event, although how much they’ll actually show we’ll have to wait and see.

In the meantime the image above has been posted on website All Games Beta, which has a long history of leaking official promotional images and screenshots ahead of time.

As you can see it not only retains the same art style and colour scheme as Battlefield 3 but the tank and APC, not to mention the smaller image of the jet fighter, all appear to be regular modern day vehicles.
That’s not necessarily a surprise but Battlefield began as a Second World War game and has also dabbled in the Vietnam War and a future setting of 2142.

Although Battlefield 4 wasn’t expected to return to any of those developer DICE has previously hinted that it would have a near future setting. Although that was taken by many to imply something similar to Call Of Duty: Black Ops II, with robots and invisibility cloaks, it could equally just mean something set a few months ahead of now.
It is possible that the image above is purposefully not telling the whole story, but for now it seems as if Battlefield 4 is a direct sequel with the same setting.

AutumnWind

I look forward more for your game than Battlefield 4.
Better graphic more destruction does not give me more fun.
This is why I play and enjoy so much Red Orchestra 2.
I hope your game will be similar.
Tactical & Smart FPS :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Completely agree with you Autumn. I enjoyed BF3 but BF4 will have to be pretty different to justify the sequel in my opinion. I'm not keen on all these new titles just repeating the same thing over and over again. Why don't they just release a new SP DLC?

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I miss Bad Company. This is just too... Dull. Sure, it has lovely sound, great animation and fun destruction, but that's what the BF3 had and I really don't like the 'sequels for the sake of sequels' idea. That was quite a nice building collapse sequence, but whoever's idea it was to give the BF series regenerating health should, in my humble opinion, be hanged. Maybe I just like complaining too much, but then have to fill the time before I get Bioshock Infinite somehow. :p

brrr

TW Developer
I'm a little sick of modern shooters now, I mean every tech demo for any damn fps these days shows some yank walking through a damp corridor with a carbine - OOOH nice shiny light rays! Just doesn't cut it any-more, at-least not for me :p.

JinxSwe

They are really taking on the CoD model. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V *Typing*Battlefield 3, Backspace, 4

With that said... it looks great.
How ever... I see nothing really new with it. Same gun models.. same car models.
Becuse of a few ww2 games(Hint) hopfully gets out this year and modern games is atm boring I really would have liked to seen a new 2142.

chad509

I thought a new 2142 was on the way but nope EA wants to do the same thing over and over again. Bleh..

Sir Apple

First gameplay video. Visually it looks awesome and sounds sooo good. Some of the best Mocap I've seen to date as well

Last edited:

TheBuG

While I'll probably end up buying BF4, I was actually really, really hoping for a BF 1944 or something. Sure, realism isn't really the BF thing anymore but I'd probably really love a D-day landing on Frostbite.

_Franky_

Yeah their High Dynamic Range sounds better than any shooter I've heard. Every environments sounds so real, indoors and outdoors. Really adds to the immersion.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Here's the multiplayer preview from the EA conference yesterday. They had 64-players on stage playing in what can only be described as the greatest LAN party ever. Also shows the outstanding destruction Frostbite 3 is capable of. Say what you want about the franchise, but DICE never fail to make a great multiplayer.

Even if this version of the Battlefield theme sounds like someones blowing raspberries into a microphone...

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
The Commander is back! ;) Anyone else get a flash back when it said "The Commander is Online"?

Must confess that does look rather good fun... not sure how Ghosts is going to compete? Playing as dog isn't quite as cool as all that :p

Sir Apple

The Commander is back! ;) Anyone else get a flash back when it said "The Commander is Online"?

Must confess that does look rather good fun... not sure how Ghosts is going to compete? Playing as dog isn't quite as cool as all that :p

How is ghosts going to compete you say?? Did you not hear Naga!? THE FISH move out of the way when you get NEAR THEM! Holy muffins!!

Errr anyway BF4 looks very good, least wise the multiplayer looks quite awesome. I am happy they are supporting old school BF2 players by bringing back the commander and other things :)

And the destruction? Simply wow.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
How is ghosts going to compete you say?? Did you not hear Naga!? THE FISH move out of the way when you get NEAR THEM! Holy muffins!!

I saw that as well. The endless innovation in that franchise is quite literally unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.