• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Battlefield 5: Eastern Front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Well that's extremely generous @Francesco Boato, but sadly, where I am at the moment, it's €44 for 2 GBs of crappy internet... so no downloading for me xD

Move to Slovenia, we have nice and fast internet and not too expensive.

Also we are home to 1% of all world species so don't worry, nothing will kill you ;)

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Well, here's the official trailer. It's called Battlefield 1 and it takes us to WWI in alternate universe/history I think.

VonMudra

My initial reaction, when someone showed me this, was "So wait, is this supposed to be like a steampunk WW1?"

That's not a good indication.

Esu21

My initial reaction, when someone showed me this, was "So wait, is this supposed to be like a steampunk WW1?"

That's not a good indication.

I felt exactly the other way around,but I guess it's because I personaly love steampunk. But hey, they had to be different to other games like Verdun, so I guess having a steampunk ww1 touch is good?

drummer93

I felt exactly the other way around,but I guess it's because I personaly love steampunk. But hey, they had to be different to other games like Verdun, so I guess having a steampunk ww1 touch is good?

it can be different just having vehicles. I think that ride horses, for example, is a very interesting feature. I like steampunk too, but is more interesting for me have the most realistic experience when I play a historical game

VonMudra

And that's fine and dandy- if it was being marketed as being a steampunk WW1 game. However, it is not.

Aniallator

From a WW1 standpoint, I think it looks like sh*t. But from a Battlefield standpoint, I think it looks pretty damn fun, and while I doubt I'd buy it (about to buy Squad baby :D), it looks to me like an enjoyable game. It also looks like it may bury CoD alive.

Sydd

I don't seem to be that excited. In fact.. I'm worried, ww1 maybe an interesting playground for dice but I think majority wanted ww2 which means if dice screws up even a bit the fanbase is going to jump them. Normally I'd preorder but it seems I will have to wait and see if something changes. EA has a nasty history of being greedy and screwing things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.