• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Battlefield / Forgotten Hope communities searching for a new game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all developers,

on May 31 gamespy will close all servers. Then it isn´t possible anymore to find the community servers in the ingame browsers of the games.

So all the communities forced to search a new game what have the same fast an easy control and roundplay like in Forgotten Hope1+.

If you´re ready to bring out traction wars in this way you can get a lot of gratefull gamers and servers who will take it and promote it!:D

Hopefully Traction Wars will not be an Arma Clone with the horrible control, long ways and 2hours to learn the basic controls.(6)

Greetings

friendlyfire

Roughbeak

A Forgotten Hope 2 dev "spitfire" IIRC is working on a solution, do not know what it is though. :)

Seriously, TW team there should be something to show! A new building or something? :D It doesn't always have to be a big update. Small updates keep things going.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Small updates keep things going.

There will be. And then you'll see why we've been taking so much time!

Welcome to the forums [MENTION=1640]friendlyfire[/MENTION] . Don't worry, Traction Wars will not be a clone of anything. (Apart from Ms Pacman, but I haven't persuaded anyone else to agree with me yet...)

Looking forward to the updates guys keep up the good work, this is the game I am looking forward to the most now. I have also heard that there are going to be work arounds for the gamespy problem.

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
There will be. And then you'll see why we've been taking so much time!

Welcome to the forums @friendlyfire . Don't worry, Traction Wars will not be a clone of anything. (Apart from Ms Pacman, but I haven't persuaded anyone else to agree with me yet...)

I hope there is a controllable goat somewhere in traction wars release 8)

Thanks calgoblin,

for your informations and that TractionWars will not be an game for what tutorials are necessary.
For myself i wish to have an game with gameplay and control like in the good old ForgottenHope0.7 with the Squadsystem of ForgottenHope2 and grafics like in Arma3/Battlefield4 and where interested the players can build custom maps.
I dont like games where i have to search 10min to find some fight (realism like in Arma is only cruel).

What is the time schedule line for an realistic release date?

Greetings

friendlyfire

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
A Forgotten Hope 2 dev "spitfire" IIRC is working on a solution, do not know what it is though. :)Seriously, TW team there should be something to show! A new building or something? :D It doesn't always have to be a big update. Small updates keep things going.
He stated he already has a fix. I think they saw this one coming a while ago.

Thanks calgoblin,

for your informations and that TractionWars will not be an game for what tutorials are necessary.
For myself i wish to have an game with gameplay and control like in the good old ForgottenHope0.7 with the Squadsystem of ForgottenHope2 and grafics like in Arma3/Battlefield4 and where interested the players can build custom maps.
I dont like games where i have to search 10min to find some fight (realism like in Arma is only cruel).

What is the time schedule line for an realistic release date?

Greetings

friendlyfire

I agree with this. Movement in the BF2 Engine (FH2) never felt right. BF1942(FH1) was a lot smoother. I think RO1 and DH did a pretty good job with it.

oxigebr

I look forward to playing traction wars but also we have to have some patience already have a good time without updates when a new update comes I hope it will full of new contents!

All this are interim solutions which dont fix the problem.

The fast and easy games are still old.
The so called big business companies (EA,...) are not able to develope multiplayer online-games in the same style. Sometimes i think they dont want my money for an new game.
The worst and most stupid ideas are the browser FPS with character systems (Heroes&Generals,...). Most of the FPS players want to be as good as they are in the game.

I hope indi games like TractionWars will take over this market gap.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Pretty sure I saw something on Reddit yesterday saying EA intend to patch the issue and continue support for BF2, BFBC2 and a couple of others. Can't find the link now I come to look again though.

Anyone know anymore about it? I haven't been following the story whilst away.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Usually EA and Patching don't go well together, just look how long it took to get SimCity (5) to a promised state...

Status
Not open for further replies.