• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Best FPS of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
What do you people think has been the best FPS all all time? That could be due to it's influence on games since, or for it's unsurpassed gameplay experience.

Whatever the reason whats your opinion?

brrr

TW Developer
Has to be half life 2, has bought so much to the fps genre and all games in general; better graphics, more effective narrative and storytelling, puzzle incorporated in to game play mechanics, improved physics etc, etc, etc. Second place for me would be Return to castle Wolfenstein and I have no reason for this :).

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I've got to say Half Life 2 as well (boring I know). The most influential game for me personally though was Red Faction - it's entirely to blame coverting me from a RTS to FPS fan. Before it was all about Stronghold 2 and AOE2 for me ;)

theloz

im going to be a loser and say doom. uh huh lame i know but it was the first game i sat down and played with my dad when i was little he never played on the old mega drive. i used to sit and watch him play doom for hours as a kid then he let me play it so for me its doom.

theloz

lol lemmings are hardcore i used to have the t-shirt aha im a sad kid i know lol. i want to play doom now, i was only 4 when it came out and it gave me nightmares after the first time i watched my dad play it aha i was a video game junkie by the age of 5 thank you farja lol XD

FH2 Hi

I was an RPG fan before FPS, it was all Chrono Trigger for me! RPG eventually gave way to RTS with Final Fantasy: Advanced tactics.
The game that turned me into a FPS junkie Call of Duty 2 and the Medal of Honor series. All great games but I believe HL2 probably changed gaming the most

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
BF1942. Started my gaming career with that, local computer store had a LAN network you paid and could play with your friends. We always went there after school, that game gave me so much fun.

SUCKER

My favorite was Decent 1 and 3.
Followed by Counter-Strike, which brought round based action into my little world. CSS cought me for a while, but once I found Hidden:Source I have never touched CSS again.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I'm actually going to revise my previous best to Mass Effect 2. I bought it during the steam sale and I just couldn't stop playing it. The story was as gripping as any good novel and the gameplay fantastic. 10/10 for me.

Now to find ME1 at a decent price :p

Status
Not open for further replies.