• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Best Games of 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
What have been your favourite games of 2015 or the biggest disappointments?

I don't think it matters if a game wasn't actually released in 2015 - if you enjoyed it more than newly released games that's also quite interesting 😀

Aniallator

Despite yesterday going prone next to what I thought was a rock but two seconds later discovered to be a live grenade, I'm still going with PR ;) Though Insurgency and Verdun are always a blast for high-adrenaline action, and I've really gotten into Arma 3 since beginning to use mods.

SpaceCroissant

Rocket League (underrated as hell)
It's a great game, but calling it underrated is a very big stretch! It holds a score of 86 on metacritic, and 8.0 user score. It sold a million copies on Steam in under two months, grossed over $50 million, and was downloaded over eight million times by the end of 2015 (source Wikipedia).

FlyingR

It's a great game, but calling it underrated is a very big stretch! It holds a score of 86 on metacritic, and 8.0 user score. It sold a million copies on Steam in under two months, grossed over $50 million, and was downloaded over eight million times by the end of 2015 (source Wikipedia).

Oh really? I didn't check the numbers, but I saw nobody play this game or nobody mention it (Youtube, forums, game websites, etc.) but that's good to know! Thanks for clarifying! :D

Yep it's a really cool update, but I wanted to ask are there some well populated servers? I have RO:Ostfront so I'd like to play it ;)

The 29th Infantry division battallion server usually fills up in the late afternoon, 5 pm in your time zone. It's a real fun crowd, apart from the occasional spoilsport. Hürtgenwald matches are the best, in my opinion.

Africandave

Witcher 3 really did it for me - great game + the devs really bombed it out the water they way they released it. A little disappointed with the simplified combat style (compared to W2) IMO nothing even came close to it despite being released early in the year.

Other than that not much- new tomb raider is quite nice - I never was a fan of Fallout 3+NV so F4 was just meh for me.

I think 2016 holds a lot more promise :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
How could I forget Witcher 3 [emoji3] Gwent anyone?

Fallout 4 was a bit of a disappointment to be honest. Possibly I burnt out on that genre on Skyrim. Still I will be trying Eldar Scrolls VI when it arrives!

Aniallator

How could I forget Witcher 3 [emoji3] Gwent anyone?

Fallout 4 was a bit of a disappointment to be honest. Possibly I burnt out on that genre on Skyrim. Still I will be trying Eldar Scrolls VI when it arrives!

Wait, there will be an Elder Scrolls VI? Oh damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.