• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Beta testing

roflcakes

Vanguard Friend
Hey guys,

I saw in the recent email update that there are community beta testers. If I backed the game on Kickstarter, is this something I can be a part of? Would love to help in its development however possible.

Thanks

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Thanks for the offer of help. We have a small group of dedicated beta testers who are helping us out with beta testing at the moment. Right now that's all we need. We'll announce on Discord and/or the forum if we are looking for more testers.

(copied here for anyone else asking).

TrentDiggy

Hey guys,

I saw in the recent email update that there are community beta testers. If I backed the game on Kickstarter, is this something I can be a part of? Would love to help in its development however possible.

Thanks
It’s simple. There’s nothing to beta test

Right, so one of the Pathfinder Games staff tells us that beta testing is under way, which means a small number of players/programmers spending time playing and reporting problems which are then dealt with by the programmers. And a new member, who probably knows nothing, tells us there's nothing to test. We might just be able to work out that one.

Looking at the bigger picture, a lot of us backed this on Kickstarter and it's a non-refundable investment if it goes wrong. However, many people have followed the development and trust the staff, and there's no reason for the staff to abandon the project and run with the money. Hopefully, this project will launch in about mid-February, it will succeed and grow. It's any body's guess whether the game will go to 'free to play and pay for pretty' to get funds in, but let's hope it all goes well. Maybe the staff shall see some normality return to their lifes?

yrumad11

Vanguard Backer
It’s simple. There’s nothing to beta test

TrentDiggy, that name rings a bell for some reason. I think I remember you from early Heroes and Generals days, when that game was still relatively entertaining to play (definitely not anymore). Anywho, I don't understand the context of what you said, whether you meant it as the kickstarter is a scam or if you meant it as in they don't need any more testers.

If you meant it the first way though, I can understand where you are coming from. H&G with the Reto dev team was a disaster. They didn't listen a lick to their community and when we tried to tell them how various issues could be solved, like the RTS side of the game that was broken, they would do it their own way and break it even more.

That being said, I wouldn't apply the past to the current status of Vanguard. Has it been years following this game and are they making you wait a bit longer? Yes, but keep in mind they had to transition from a side hobby to a dev team from scratch while trying to make a game that has aspects not even in the game market currently with limited knowledge so of course it will take time. Normally, like H&G or EA, I will give a bad dev team plenty of s***, but as of currently I see no traits of that from Pathfinder and see actual passion, not just money grabbing.

Like I told others here before, be patient, be understanding, and hold judgement until judgement is due.

TrentDiggy

Right, so one of the Pathfinder Games staff tells us that beta testing is under way, which means a small number of players/programmers spending time playing and reporting problems which are then dealt with by the programmers. And a new member, who probably knows nothing, tells us there's nothing to test. We might just be able to work out that one.

Sneaky, Please check when I "Joined" and don't focus on Forum Titles. LOL You'll be surprised to find out that your're "newer" than me. I don't believe anything until I see it. I guess you did hear about them already breaking one of their Kickstarter promises? It's not a good look...

Yes yrumad11, I played H&G as TrentDiggy.

Trent, you have a point about not being new. However, yrumad11 put the point better than I so, with respect, I refer to his comment.

TrentDiggy

Guys it’s real simple. This has nothing to do with patients... I just typed a really long paragraph and then decided to delete it because I know I will not get through. Good day Sir...