• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

BF1 Weapons, Factions, Theatres, Vehicles, DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Bluedrake42 has been doing some interesting analysis regarding BF1 which involves factions and weapons.

Possible Factions/Theatre:
American, Otoman, German, British and possibly Russian.

Vehicles:
Gotha GV bomber
Zeppelin (bombing London)
Horses
Fokker Dr. I (possibly Red Baron appearance or a hero/vehicle pickup?)
Bristol F2 fighter
Vickers Vimy bomber
British Mk I tank (multi-crew?)
Russian Zaamurets Armored Train or Orlik (maybe it will have to be destroyed?)
HMS Iron Duke (?) battleship and other ships

Weapons:
Trench gun
Bolt action (some will be scoped)
Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr (anti tank rifle)
Revolvers
Melee weapons
LMGs (Lewis MKI mg)
HMGs
Heavy Armor for MG crews
Mustard Gas
M1917 Wechselapparat Wex/Kleinflammenwerfer flamethrower
Observation Balloons or AA Balloons (or just decorations aesthetic)

Packs/DLC:
Harlem Hellfighters Pack (afro-american unit)
Red Baron
Lawrence of Arabia
5x battlepacks

Aniallator

Haha Lawrence of Arabia DLC xD

"And what is it that attracts you personally to the desert, Major Lawrence?"
"It's clean. I like it, because it's clean."

siben

I think they can make it into a fun game. Just because it is ww1 does not mean it has to be 100% realistic.

mmiedzianyy

I think they can make it into a fun game. Just because it is ww1 does not mean it has to be 100% realistic.

True, pls guys do not percieve Battlefield titles as a realism games. They never were and never will be realistic.
Its target is to deliver awesome battle experience, enermous freedom of gameplay and casual feel for everyone.

drummer93

I'm not saying that it won't be fun, just I think that some things are ridiculous and I don't know why they took that decisions. But it is ok, we have to wait and see some game plays

FlyingR

True, pls guys do not percieve Battlefield titles as a realism games. They never were and never will be realistic.
Its target is to deliver awesome battle experience, enermous freedom of gameplay and casual feel for everyone.

Yeah that is true, I think I got used to playing and wanting to play somewhat realistic or realistic games that I have become very picky with games now.

VonMudra

Far as it seems, they're just doing generic "western front" and a "Lawrence of Arabia" style desert thing.

VonMudra

I think we can be sure that they will not give a toss about lesser known major powers. You are probably only going to see the Germans, British, Americans, MAYBE the French, and the Turks as an enemy for the Brits in the desert. They will all probably be utter stereotypes and not at all correctly portrayed.

drummer93

I think we can be sure that they will not give a toss about lesser known major powers. You are probably only going to see the Germans, British, Americans, MAYBE the French, and the Turks as an enemy for the Brits in the desert. They will all probably be utter stereotypes and not at all correctly portrayed.

I'm happy because Peter O'Toole will be in the game

FlyingR

[MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] the Zaamurets/Orlik can be seen in the trailer. Maybe they will add the Russians? If they don't and they showcase the Orlik through another country it will suck major balls...

VonMudra

Mmmm, true, they did show that armoured train. Who knows who it will be used for though, and for what.

FlyingR

Mmmm, true, they did show that armoured train. Who knows who it will be used for though, and for what.

Yeah, I just hope they don't use the Orlik for the French, Germans or whatever... Probably a it will be a mission where you have to destroy it or will have to ride it and destroy something with it.

VonMudra

That would be my guess, which is why, given the feel of this game, I'm not counting it out as "Destroy the super secret proto-nazi German death train that is gonna charge through the lines and bombard orphanages!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.