• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

BF1 Weapons, Factions, Theatres, Vehicles, DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Well, it looks pretty damn fun to me :) I think it's the kind of game I'd play when I want to take a breather from realism.

drummer93

Well, it looks pretty damn fun to me :) I think it's the kind of game I'd play when I want to take a breather from realism.

yes, i'm sure it will be fun. Was a good decision develop that game. All the BF fans will be very happy with it, and of course, they will rape CoD :p

Subass39

yes, i'm sure it will be fun. Was a good decision develop that game. All the BF fans will be very happy with it, and of course, they will rape CoD :p
Excuse me?

"they will rape CoD"
i cant believe what you just said, im purely disgusted

They ALREADY raped CoD, get it right:rolleyes:

Aniallator

Regardless of how they develop the game, I'm just glad they moved away from the modern theme and went to WW1. Funnily enough, a few years ago, before I got into the realism genre (AKA before I played PR), I wrote up this huge long thing to DICE laying out how and why the next Battlefield should be set in WW1, what kind of equipment they should use, et cetera. Makes me wonder 8|

Subass39

People seem to be hyped about Battlefield 1

Personally i don't see why. Sure it might be WW1, but remember its being created by the same people who made Battlefield 3 and 4

That means people will sprint around the map at 30mph, tanks would drive around with unrealistic agility and acceleration (if you tried tanks in BF4 you would understand)
Battlefield has been making their games too arcadish now

Although im not interested, i guess its nice to see a different setting instead of this constant near-future/Future stuff

Subass39

Perhaps, but this is Battlefield we're talking about. It's a AAA game, it's always been that way.
I guess

Although i remember when battlefield wasnt "too arcadish"
Battlefield Bad company 28)

it was a bit more slower paced (in a good way) BBC2 was my favorite battlefield of all time
i cant wait for Bad Companyy 3xDxD

volcol

Arcadey, very poorly researched, generic shooter type thing - I think I'm only really looking forwards to the campaign (never enjoyed BF multiplayer) the melee might be quite interesting though. I think the limit of historical accuracy is best shown in the fact that it'll be less than 2 days before someone downs an aircraft with a horse mounted warrior lady.

Will I get it, probably, will I enjoy it - likely(ish), seems very alternate history to me - everyone seems to be wearing stylised capes and scarfs :D

Can't wait for trench foot DLC

FlyingR

PLEASE HAVE MOD SUPPPORT BF1, PLEASE!!
[MENTION=155]volcol[/MENTION] how do you think this will affect Verdun? Or will it affect it at all?

Aniallator

Arcadey, very poorly researched, generic shooter type thing - I think I'm only really looking forwards to the campaign (never enjoyed BF multiplayer) the melee might be quite interesting though. I think the limit of historical accuracy is best shown in the fact that it'll be less than 2 days before someone downs an aircraft with a horse mounted warrior lady.

Will I get it, probably, will I enjoy it - likely(ish), seems very alternate history to me - everyone seems to be wearing stylised capes and scarfs :D

Can't wait for trench foot DLC

As a Verdun dev, I imagine this really presses your buttons :D But yes, judging by the opening scene, the melee could be pretty cool.

As far as historical accuracy is concerned, notice that the American/Brit getting his head done in in the opening scene is wearing a geballte ladung. That ought to tell you everything you need to know.

volcol

I'm super happy that it seems not to be a historically realistic/hardcore route they've taken. We're reaping the rewards, all publicity is good publicity (PC Gamer said something along the lines of "If you want something more accurate, there's always Verdun" ) Player numbers are up a lot :D

I'm super interested in BF1, but so far as expectations go - some what mild at present - I'm sensing Battlefront but 1917

At the end of the day, Verdun is a small indie ww1 FPS, BF is a huge franchise. It would be naive to think we could compete - but at present, more people are being exposed to Verdun. If 1 out of 250 BF1 players buy Verdun and play that instead, that would be a major benefit.

matthew3

good for them for going back into a historical war setting...but remember...this is going to be a fantasy ww1 shooter...i know how EA is nowadays...this will not be realistic...but still good on them for going back...

Xanderman

Vanguard Backer
I played Battlefield 1942 when it was free on Origin and Battlefield 3 to death when it first came out but I haven't really touched the Battlefield series at all until now. Definitely going to be getting this game, can't wait for it to come out. My only gripes at the moment from what I have seen is the female announcer who sounds far too calm and quiet to really immerse the player in a gritty war torn environment and the HUD which looks a little bit too much like Starwars Battlefront for my liking. Also the lack of bolt-action rifles is a tad annoying but then again it's not surprising when you can customise your loadout. All in all I think it'll be a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.