• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Bioshock anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Apple

Any fans here?

Bioshock is definitely the best game I've ever played, and don't expect to play anything better. Between the graphics, intense lifelike storyline and dramatic combat it was pure awesome. It was really the only game I can honestly say I was attached to the story.

But to the topic; has anyone seen Bioshock Infinite? Looks quite amazing :)

Check it; Home Page | BioShock Infinite

And interview; BioShock Infinite: World & Enemies Feature - YouTube

Just wanted to share, even though ya'll may not be as big a fan :)

Edad Tace

the first bioshock game I played was bioshock 2
tbh the first time I played it I stopped like halfway through because I got bored of the storyline. To me it just felt like "go there, kills a bunch of things, go to a new area, repeat" - I just felt that I was just doing the same thing over and over again and again so I stopped playing it.

Later I pulled myself together to go and finish the game - I've heard alot of ppl calling it a reaally good game I felt I just had to:
I was not disapointed.
I loved the game ended - I got the neutral ending - and I loved how I had played until then decided how the game would end.

So I had to buy the first game as well and now i'm looking forward for the next one :)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I remember being quite reluctant to play the original for some reason. Though when I did I was hooked! It was such a complete game. Shame they made a sequel.

As for Infinite I'm not sure. I think as the setting is similar in strangeness to the original maybe it can capture some of the same feeling. But the darkness of being at the bottom of the ocean really made the original so special in my opinion.

Sir Apple

Keep in mind, as the developer mentions similarly in the interview - bioshock is not rapture, or big daddys - its about putting the player in a world that is almost a dream, but at the same time you feel the reality of it ;)

Look at it this way - you wouldn't want to keep playing underwater for ever would you? They did make two good game about that, time to explore new areas :) I was a bit weirded out at first to, but have come to love bioshock infinite (at least without playing it) - its a unique storyline to.

Apple

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
No of course, the under-sea nature of it is more of a one-hit thing. I'm just not sure if they can match that same awe that was there when we were in the pod heading into the city with whales swimming round us.

I'm open to Infinite, I think it has original-matching potential. But I'm also trying to control my hype as games never match up to my expectations :L

_Franky_

I love Bioshock, a fantastic game indeed. The sequel was ok and had some fine moments of its own, but just didn't have the same impact as the first. So needless to say, I'm super hyped for Infinite :)

Sir Apple

I never played bioshock 2 - it looked cool but honestly I may never play it because of the forever impression bioshock 1 gave me, I don't want to stain it with bioshock 2 since I've heard its not as good.

Hopefully Infinite will be amazing - hopefully my PC will run it.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Felt I had to raise this thread from the dead for this... which came out today.

[video=youtube;Mv3FhE6_TK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3FhE6_TK0[/video]

Home sweet home ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I hope it's the same gameplay style as infinite - most confess to preferring it even is the original was more revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.