• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Black Mesa Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I just spotted this on moddb and thought I'd share - it wasn't in the most obvious place so I'm not sure how many people have actually read it.

moddb.com said:
Hello Black Mesa fans!

We come to you for the first time in 2 years with an update. It's now 2011, and we know many of you have died of old age waiting for this mod. We are floored by the level of support you have given us (really, how can you still be supporting us?) and are very excited for some reason.

Unfortunately, to our great disappointment, yet meeting expectancy, Black Mesa will not make a 2011 release.

Non-fanboys may now rejoice, bets may be collected, but we hope the fanboys will forgive us and keep believing that the delay will translate into a better final product.

Once again we apologize for what has to be very disappointing news. We placed a 2011 deadline on ourselves to motivate us and bring this 8 year project to a close. And while we failed, we have come very close and you can expect a complete, polished game to hit your hard drives in 10 years or so. We'll be sure and update if anything changes (not really). Until then, hang tight, it's coming!

There, BMS, since you can't spend 2 minutes updating the text I did it for you.

I must admit I have a huge amount of respect for the Black Mesa team - they are trying to achieve the near impossible and 8 years later they're still dedicated to their cause.

You can visit their website here

Last edited:

brrr

TW Developer
Really sad news, though I've given up hope of ever seeing it released anyway. I'm almost annoyed at them for making a release date in the first place, they do it every year and then every year fail to hit that target. 8 years is just too long, I think they've lost any enthusiasm they once had for this project, hence the slow production time. I mean they can't be short on developers, considering the popularity of their forums.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Sounded fun. They promised 2009, delayed. Promised 2010, delayed. Now we don't even get 2011.

I bet we get a Half Life 3 (not episode 3, a new stand alone game) before this titan gets released.

Status
Not open for further replies.