• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Bug Report

After a first try at the game, a few comments about the overall disappointment, bugs and graphic problems.
Grass growing through the floor in a house. Houses have a 2D appearance which is confusing when moving in rooms. Posture of team mates firing is at the wrong angle. Slow game load (about 90 seconds). Opening screen is not intuitive for joining a team, The graphic quality felt like playing an old game on an old computer.
Bugs. Game took two attempts with Steam to install. (Evil Steam.) Game will not exit (close) properly. Music was deselected in settings but it still plays.

2. Game is not Quitting properly (hangs); please put in a selection to disable music; when opponents are shot they disappear immediately from the screen which is unrealistic and unhelpful; a game was started with me vs. 3 in the other team (no balance); edge detection is a long way off for moving near and around objects so there is no sense of position; please have another task bar icon to show when a match is ready to start.
That's all for now :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
We're doing a lot of work to tidy up the levels. If you can post screenshots of the visual issues you find with the levels and tell us where you found the problem we can get them fixed quicker.

Are you running the game on low spec? Dead bodies do persist for a little while normally but it's possible that on low spec they are removed to conserve resources (I can't remember).

The teams balance at each level rotation but if someone disconnects (for now) there isn't a mid-match rebalancing. You can switch teams since 0.5.1 so hopefully one of the other team is willing to switch. In my experience people nearly always do - especially on a games night. Not an ideal or permanent solution I know.

We are working providing proper audio options - our priority was to get custom keybindings into the game. Audio options hopefully won't be far behind.

When you say the game doesn't quit properly - what exactly happens?

Lt Jake Cutter

Vanguard Dedicated Backer
ive experienced game not quiting..

basically what happens is, you pull up the main menu that says , server browsers, settings, quit etc. etc..

you click on quit, and nothing happens...you just hang there for ever.....i usually end up contrl alt del and get out that wasy...

3. When a game starts, I have no idea which team I'm in; please have a little flag in the corner.
b. When I was at the objective, Lion Sur Mer, there was no indication (screen feedback) for capturing or not when I was at A, and I had no idea what was going in. I got shot and the game screen immediately disappeared (this is bad game design as you should show a player why he died) and a text screen came up. Then it started loading Pegasus Bridge.
So far my experience of Vanguard is a series of confusing starts to incomplete games where nothing makes sense.

You need to offer a training server, taking people through the basics of logging in, choosing a side, weapon selection and walk them through the key functions. Then offer a walk through of the maps and how to perform the actions to achieve objectives.
Then have a bug report forum to let contributors know that you've read the comments. :rolleyes:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
3. When a game starts, I have no idea which team I'm in; please have a little flag in the corner.

There is a flag in the spawn menu top right. The HUD is also a different colour depending on the team. Red for German and Blue for British.

b. When I was at the objective, Lion Sur Mer, there was no indication (screen feedback) for capturing or not when I was at A, and I had no idea what was going in. I got shot and the game screen immediately disappeared (this is bad game design as you should show a player why he died) and a text screen came up.

If you are attacking an objective which is enabled (ie that phase hasn’t already been completed) then you always get a prompt. We should change the model or show a different prompt if the objective has already been completed.

We are working on giving better feedback on why you died. We don’t have death cams so the position of the enemy isn’t given away.

It is encouraging to see your bug fixes and updates :)
Is there anybody in your team responsible for the 'shell' - design of the introduction and interface outside the game mode? Ensuring the intuitive interface players will expect and the game deserves.:geek: