• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Community Questions #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew3

this is awesome,,,, nothing to complain about,, i mean the game is going to be free at the moment so all is good.

MrT

Commo-rose:
Please include keybinds and an alternative categorized "say-menu on the margin" al'a dod/dod:s style.
It's way quicker and it doesn't block vital crosshair screen space or mouseview control.

(I have an encyclopedic say/helper totin' übermind ;) and use it all while actioning out foes and I would like to keep it that way, not stare at a big bloated mouse-OS-thingy and fail all the action. Bind to MB isn't bad either for most urgent warns.... 8|GRENAAADE!!!).

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
No update this week folks.

It's not delayed or a special one it's just we've been super busy trying to hit development targets and as a result we want to focus more of our time on development than usual for a few weeks. So the plan is to slip to a 3-week cycle rather than 2-weeks to take the pressure off the writing a little bit.

I am sorry as I know it's not what you want to read today but exciting work is happening behind the scenes!

FlyingR

It's not delayed or a special one it's just we've been super busy trying to hit development targets and as a result we want to focus more of our time on development than usual for a few weeks. So the plan is to slip to a 3-week cycle rather than 2-weeks to take the pressure off the writing a little bit.

I am sorry as I know it's not what you want to read today but exciting work is happening behind the scenes!

It's a shame, but no worries! Although sad, we will be patient. You do know that you owe us that video even more, right? xD

Btw Naga, I know we've discussed this a lot, but since you guys are all busy with your life, jobs, study, and such, why don't you take off the pressure by hiring more personnel? I'm sure many would do it for free but if it comes to money problems, I know for a fact that many here would definitely help out (including me) to make you guys catch a breath or two.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's a shame, but no worries! Although sad, we will be patient. You do know that you owe us that video even more, right? xD

Btw Naga, I know we've discussed this a lot, but since you guys are all busy with your life, jobs, study, and such, why don't you take off the pressure by hiring more personnel? I'm sure many would do it for free but if it comes to money problems, I know for a fact that many here would definitely help out (including me) to make you guys catch a breath or two.

Well we are always open to new applications to join the team from people with the right skill sets :) Hiring in freelancers is of course always an available option should we need to in the future.

FlyingR

Well we are always open to new applications to join the team from people with the right skill sets :) Hiring in freelancers is of course always an available option should we need to in the future.

Do you really need people for all of these roles? That's a lot of jobs!! I though most of them were already filled! :confused:

Forreal.jpg

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
That's a lot of jobs!! I though most of them were already filled! :confused:

They are. We have at least 1 person in each role. More people means more stuff gets done and in a shorter amount of time. This is why big games have hundreds of people in the credits, even with a big team it takes years. Now imagine trying to do the same with 10x fewer staff who can only work on it an hour or so every day ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Do you really need people for all of these roles? That's a lot of jobs!! I though most of them were already filled! :confused:

View attachment 1447

If a position is open it simply means we are taking applications for those roles.

It doesn't mean we haven't got people already doing that job :) Extra help is useful but too many people becomes hard to manage and inefficient so we close down applications for those roles when we reach a point where extra people would do more harm than good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aniallator

In that case, I look forward to the update next week :) If it's pressuring to have to get an update out before a deadline, then no question, that deadline has to be pushed back. I'm more than happy to wait an extra week if it means you guys have some more breathing room. Hopefully we can hear about some of these exciting things next week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.