• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Community Update #8: Gnome Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaverickFM

Pathfinder Games
After the announcement of 3dception audio in Traction Wars in our last update we decided to do something a bit silly for April Fools day.

We've taken a short break from development to hide a total of 20 gnomes in the four screenshots below. Can you find them all?

We hope you all had a Happy Easter. Our next update in two weeks time will be back on the serious topic of development.

FlyingR

Spoiler:
2016.03-3_01.jpg

Spoiler:
2016.03-3_02.jpg

Spoiler:
2016.03-3_03.jpg

Spoiler:
2016.03-3_04.jpg

Maybe you should make another one for the rest of the maps, especially the mystery one! ;)

mmiedzianyy

Now i know which player send to spot gnomes during the battle! There will be extra points/rewards for finding them i guess??

Killen

Guys, i have to say: those sandbags (fourth image) look so real!!!! The tissue looks so tissue :p I am looking forward to see the soldier's mimetic :)

drummer93

The pictures are beautiful guys. All looks extremely natural. I think you did a perfect job with the light and colour correction

Esu21

Found 5 on my own (Thats 1/4 of the total number!)

"Find the Gnomes - Work in progress" Does that mean that you will keep working in the maps or in hiding gnomes? ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Found 5 on my own (Thats 1/4 of the total number!)

"Find the Gnomes - Work in progress" Does that mean that you will keep working in the maps or in hiding gnomes? ;)

Both. We do try to keep on top of the gnome infestation but we can't promise to 100% successful.

FlyingR

Spoiler:
window, left house. But maybe I'm wrong

Yeah was thinking that too :D
[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION], I can just picture people who didn't see this post being like what the hell is going on with the gnomes, all confused and scared! :laugh:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Its been said that certain level designers have left pressurised, explosive gnomes around the maps.

It has also been said that I almost died after walking into one while clearing a house under pressure. Not what you expect to find... it was like IT...

Status
Not open for further replies.