• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Competitive question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marinho

Good night,

I come from the community of Red Orchestra 1/2, and during these long 9 years, we have had major competitions in RO1, I shall not speak of Ro2 because it was a game horrible (for me). I would like to take some questions.

Ladder: A possibility in the future of a site of competitions as currently is the red orchestra(twillader) ?

Battles Clans: This game anger induce players to this?

The team TW stayed over to standardize how will be made departures between clans? (Number of games more specifically)

The TW disbonibilizara some servers to be made the battles? (This in the future)

Thank you.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Ive been doing a lot of competitive gaming years ago though only cod2/4 and bf2 and i think supporting clans, battalions and devisions would be a healty addons for Traction Wars. But you'll probebly not see something like this in Overlord as we want to focus on the basics first. After that the future is limitless and and competitive support is something we're looking into :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Any multiplayer game is all about the community and for a realism game that is even more true.

The easier we can make it for players to work together and learn to fight together as a cohesive unit the better the game will be for everyone ;)

As [MENTION=195]hannibaldinski[/MENTION] says our full plans for competitive play won't be in OVERLORD but will follow in a future chapter.

I do like the idea of having leaderboards, but I don't think they have to be like every stat possible is displayed. Just general scores, favourite class and last time active, or something like that.

It might also be a fun thing to have national rankings for all the players from a certain country.

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
Good night,

I come from the community of Red Orchestra 1/2, and during these long 9 years, we have had major competitions in RO1, I shall not speak of Ro2 because it was a game horrible (for me). I would like to take some questions.

Ladder: A possibility in the future of a site of competitions as currently is the red orchestra(twillader) ?

Battles Clans: This game anger induce players to this?

The team TW stayed over to standardize how will be made departures between clans? (Number of games more specifically)

The TW disbonibilizara some servers to be made the battles? (This in the future)

Thank you.

you could have played RO2 immersion mod made by dibbler, its what the game should been, so freaking long ago

but hey since TRIPWIRE didnt have any competition, they simply didn't care

Marinho

@hannibaldinski and @General Naga

Gentlemen, thank you for the attention of you, I am in hope that this game is available as soon as possible, because lately I played nothing :p
I hope that we will have very Clan vs Clan in this game, that we can make good friendship between players of clan and the community as a whole

@militaryprogamer

I agree with you the TWI never had competition, she has attempted to compete with COD a game virtually bankrupt, and RO2 just leaving this horribe game.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
[MENTION=1980]Marinho[/MENTION] Ive two questions for you as i was thinking about competitive mode bit more and it is actualy more complex then i thougt :p Could you describe how competitive support work? What kind of features are needed for example?

and another one as i just started playing Ro2 as i was bored and had no other games. Why do you think its horrible? as i enjoyed myself :p but i never played Ro1 so can't compare.

Marinho

@Marinho Ive two questions for you as i was thinking about competitive mode bit more and it is actualy more complex then i thougt :p Could you describe how competitive support work? What kind of features are needed for example?

and another one as i just started playing Ro2 as i was bored and had no other games. Why do you think its horrible? as i enjoyed myself :p but i never played Ro1 so can't compare.

The Basic Principle is to have a space here at the forum and the rules for how to be played, 7x7 / 8x8 / 9x9 or more people, other decisions, however be checked together with the community.

On RO2, does not have a lot to talk about, since I disappoint, with this game, I would expect a lot more than RO2... because RO1 was very but very good.

Last edited:

Marinho

Excuse the delay, my pc started working today =) =)

@General Naga , could you tell me the size of the sizes of the maps? OR each tera a model of size varied? Why, already to analyze how many could play in a game clan vs clan.

thanks

Marinho

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
The map size will vary depending on the scenario and gameplay style of the map. We know 16v16 is possible and we are working hard to make the unit cap higher without performance issues.

Marinho

The map size will vary depending on the scenario and gameplay style of the map. We know 16v16 is possible and we are working hard to make the unit cap higher without performance issues.

Cool, you like de idea for played 10x10? maybe is very hard one clan combine 16 players for clan vs clan, maybe 10x10 is not very hard.
And of course, for a game public, 35x35 it would be interesting, and I believe that the engine that you are using, is the 2 best to make games with a lot of players

Swaffy

Sometimes the basics are better. Well, it depends on the game. For me, ranking systems ruin the friendship part of a game experience. For example, Battlefield 1942 doesn't have a real rank system and I'll never miss it.

Weapon/item unlocks are fine with me ... like a couple extra medic patches or something else that's small.

siben

I don't like ranking. it makes people play selfish since all they want is a good rank so that they can join some clan. It kills people playing for fun.

Marinho

But the Rankins would be only for the teams, and would not apply IN GAME, just stating a classification in which position the team is. 1 /3/4 .... also do not agree with "patents of soldier" is an MMO FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.