• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Crytek bankrupting

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Have you heard something we haven't?

We've seen rumours of some cashflow difficulties at some of the subsideries but I haven't heard anything to suggest Crytek itself is in trouble or that they're near bankrupcy.

volcol

I believe I saw something about the developers of War Thunder in talks with Crytek regarding a take over, but not heard anything solid, most of the stuff on the web seems to be purely speculation and not backed up with much evidence.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
From what I know there's an important difference between Crytek UK Ltd & Crytek GmbH. One is a UK registered subsidiary which is known to be developing games such as Homefront 2 and the other is the parent company which is registered in Germany and owns Cryengine.

Financial trouble with one doesn't mean there's financial trouble in any of the other companies which Crytek own.

In the words of a famous book for hitchhikers - "Don't Panic!"

Sir Apple

Yeah, no need to panic as its nothing new in the industry. Its just like when Sony lays people off at various subsidiary studios around the US, it doesn't mean Sony is going under ;)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Still though, if all the reports from Crytek UK are true I feel sorry for the staff, this all happened to them just a few years back when they were Free Radical :/

Status
Not open for further replies.