• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Dawn of War III Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's back! Looks like the IP didn't die with relic.

As someone who started modding in the 40K Universe I can't wait!

[video=youtube;N_ZgyNoHtjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw[/video]

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Nice to see Imperial Knights making an appearance.

Apparently it's going to of the scale of DW1 with the customisation and hero units like DW2.. With planetary lasers.

Sounds like a potent mix to me :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aniallator

The only kind of game like that that I ever played was Age of Empires, though that's sadly died off... anyway, looks great!

FlyingR

The only kind of game like that that I ever played was Age of Empires, though that's sadly died off... anyway, looks great!

Yeah same although I did play a bit of Company of Heroes, AOEII is still one of the best RTS games ever made. I still have the game in this computer :D

Subass39

Why do all of the soldiers look like they are on steroids?:confused:

Seems pretty similiar to those gears of war jocks

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Why do all of the soldiers look like they are on steroids?:confused:

Seems pretty similiar to those gears of war jocks

Because they are Adepts Astartes - genetically modified super humans (because why not). The whole universe is fairly insane.. the Astartes are meant to be faster and strong and they wear armour which is (practically) impregnable whilst wielding machine guns with exploding bullets, chain-swords, huge plasma gun etc... basically the lore is so over-the-top you could name practically any equivalent and they'd be able to eat them for breakfast. A Halo Spartan would stand about as much chance against one as I would.

It's about as far removed from the realms of history and realism as you can possibly imagine.

Subass39

Because they are Adepts Astartes - genetically modified super humans (because why not). The whole universe is fairly insane.. the Astartes are meant to be faster and strong and they wear armour which is (practically) impregnable whilst wielding machine guns with exploding bullets, chain-swords, huge plasma gun etc... basically the lore is so over-the-top you could name practically any equivalent and they'd be able to eat them for breakfast. A Halo Spartan would stand about as much chance against one as I would.

It's about as far removed from the realms of history and realism as you can possibly imagine.
Genetically modified people?
Looks like they are in their first phase of an experimental project
Soon the experiments will advance and it will turn them into Hulks

If the experiment fails, it will turn them into evil Super Mutants!8|
0b71b485a6a9ff555dc9be201a2ff445a78d7ef00ba0dad4222d445214bfb6f2_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.