• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Dev Blog #16: Barracks Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
A few months ago one of the community suggested we tweak the design of our forum to make it easier to read for people with visual impairments. One thing leads to another and the result has been a quite far reaching re-styling of the site, which will be rolling out in the coming days

Gone is the distracting orange and instead we've rolled out a more appropriate colour scheme which highlights the important pieces of information in off-white to immediately draw the eye. It shows secondary and tertiary information in progressively darker shades of grey.

The front page has seen some minor updates with the slider now firmly sitting beneath the navigation bar and twitter images now embedded straight into the page for easy reference. We do post teasers on Twitter so it's always worth keeping an eye on that area of the site or by following @TractionWars on Twitter. The forum has seen similar changes with unnecessary information removed and the new posts given greater prominence over old content.

We've also simplified the thread icons to show more clearly which threads are popular, locked, moved and which ones you've participated in.

We hope you like the new design, which we've found much easier on the eyes during testing. Special thanks must go to @Pjosip for his assistance and feedback during the re-design. We had already reached testing for this new version when a weapons overview was suggested so it hasn't made it into this version. It's next on the list though so watch this space...

For the very latest media and updates follow us on the social networks below as well as our community forum.

Last edited:

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Personally the sudden change from Orange to White has been kind off odd seeing how I am always nostalgic.
But after some time you get used to it and everything fits in just fine.

I was glad to assist in any way I can :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It was a bit of a shock for all of us to be honest but it doesn't take long to get used to it. When I go back onto the current version I get a horrible shock every time ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I'm really not able to see it... But it is most likely me being silly and just overlooking it.

The most obvious things are the forum names aren't in orange (or almost anything else) and the slider on the frontpage doesn't have a gap above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.