• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Dev Blog #19: EGX London 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller786

Re: EGX London 2014

"One of the developer sessions we attended was a talk from DayZ creator Dean Hall about the challenged of an online multiplayer game. Very relevant!"

Is "challenged" supposed to be "challenges"? Anyway, it did seem enjoyable as well as informative.
Spotted that too, nice job anyways, what a pity on that blur

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games

I love seeing things at the most basic level and all the way to the top. For you see it's not the actual visual beauty I admire, it's all of the work and fine little details you're all creating that I admire.

I'm glad you think so! I think Traction Wars is good in that respect that we are quite happy to detail what we've done and how we did it; it allows people with interest to see - to a point - what the process is. On the other hand, people that don't have that interest will see it just as the surface level game. And in that scenario that screenshot wouldn't do us any good at all.

tl;dr Once we've shown gameplay at it's best we will be happier to show it at it's worst ;)

Welp I guess that means we must see it at it's near best or best asap because I am excited too see what ya'll can pull off. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.