• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Do you like Forgotten Hope 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killen

I downloaded it 1 week ago so i tried the game the same day.
I had 1 week to think in what (imo) the game fails.
The game is too arcade-like, not based on squad and cooperation; the servers are dying and the players are leaving this game. The first match i did, i have been spawn raped (not too much) by enemy p47 at the main base.

I like a lot more Project Reality because of the squad system, if you are alone, you are not going so far! In this manner you have to comunicate, to speak to your comrades, thing that is not happening in FH2 (at least, in my match).

BTW: is this game lagging a bit to you too? I am having FPS drops to 40 FPS from 100 fps when in city with enemies.

BTW2: has the Traction War's forum graphic changed? It is a bit more user friendly from the phone

Edit: i have just read about the new graphic, sorry

Last edited:

Luffy

Darn I'd play FH2 but I can't find any copies of BF2 to play but I do agree with you on PR though, it's fun.

FlyingR

I stopped playing a looooooooong time ago! I discovered PR and bye bye FH2.
Check Forgotten Honor for BF2, it's like FH2 but more realistic, they have tournaments and battles every weekend. It's very cool!

Roughbeak

Like FlyingR said, there are Forgotten Honor campaigns for FH2 which have great teamwork. So don't trust public servers for teamplay. ;) I mean it's not like FH2 is dead on the servers, we usually get a full 100 players on the weekend.

"Forgotten Hope 2 a fail"? Absolutely not. I have seen so many PR vs FH2 things it's getting kind of tiresome. :) Both modifications have done well for themselves at one point, and both mods have strengths and weaknesses. Also, one is WW2, the other modern.

As for the playerbase, well it's non-negotiable saying that "PR" is more "popular" (whatever that means, bit misleading), but FH2 has done a better job at their maps (less empty and fake!) and 3d models than PR could ever do (though, I have to say some models PR have are pretty awesome).

Everyone has their own opinions though! I'll leave it with that. :)

Last edited:

Killen

About Forgotten Honor: is that a mini mod, or an event?
BTW: i think PR is more popular right now because we have 2 full servers of 100 people both

FlyingR

About Forgotten Honor: is that a mini mod, or an event?
BTW: i think PR is more popular right now because we have 2 full servers of 100 people both

I would consider it a complete mod... It's been going for a long time now!
It's popular once more because it's free :p

FlyingR

What are the differences between Forgotten Hope 2 and Forgotten Honor?

Forgotten Hope is the original mod, Forgotten Honor was made to compete against a similar game or mod of BF42, I forgot which one. Some of the players left because they got tired or didn't like the way things were running so they just made their own (just like TW), so they made the mini-mod, which was one of the mods to include Iron Sights in any BF42 mod! It started only for BF42 but today Forgotten Honor uses many games and make campaigns out of them whereas Forgotten Hope is just to play for fun at any time.

Killen

Well, i am not interested :D btw: you know that there is BF2142? If you say BF42 someone can misunderstand :)

Killen

No? Ok :)
Edit: i mean, i am not going to play Forgotten Honor because of the base that is Forgotten Hope 2

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Personally I've had countless hours of fun in FH2. It's not the most realistic game in the world but back in the day it had a great community and you could almost be guaranteed a fun game in relaxed company. Must admit I haven't played for a few years now so that might have changed but I still have fond memories of playing Mareth Line on the old hslan server... good times :)

FlyingR

No? Ok :)
Edit: i mean, i am not going to play Forgotten Honor because of the base that is Forgotten Hope 2

Hahaha I meant of BF2142... almost nobody played that!

Forgotten Honor is not just FH2... it's FH1, PR, Day of Defeat, Minecraft, Arma, they have a whole repertoire, you should check, might find something to your liking!

Status
Not open for further replies.